Hi, I’m Jessica from Chaos with a Curve! I blog under the pen name Vague and write alongside some amazing women. It’s awesome to be able to share a space with a group of exceptional ladies.
One of Our Point’s is: Because as one woman, we run out of time. Because as more than one woman, we have more time.
Who doesn’t want more time? As we blog together we share the responsibilities of memory capturing and immortalizing life’s little chaotic moments.
Now let’s get to dinner…..I am beyond thrilled to be Guest Posting today. Like “squealable” thrilled!
My hubby is a potato man. I’m not a fan. Too starchy and quite bland, unless its salted up and guess what salt really isn’t good for me. Well, for anyone really. My solution: cover it with cheese!
My Pinterest addiction lead me to this recipe which I tweaked for the crock pot. Potatoes plus slow cooker equals a no-brainer! A bonus is there is no guessing if some of the potatoes are not done, because they all are done at the same time!
- 3 cups Idaho potatoes, peeled, and cut into cubes, approx. 1 lb.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ lb. Velveeta Cheese, diced
- 1 lb. skinless smoked sausage
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika (topping)
- Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into ½ inch "half moon" cuts. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to SLIGHTLY brown.
- Meanwhile, peel and cube potatoes. Add prepared potatoes and butter to crock pot.
- Whisk flour, milk, salt and pepper. After adding flour mix to pot, toss diced Velveeta Cheese in.
- Stir in browned Smoked Sausage.
- Cook on High for 2 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Adjust crock pot setting to Warm. Add a layer of Cheddar Cheese.
- Finally sprinkle Paprika on top and enjoy!
Recipe Attribution: Adapted from Key Ingredient Recipes