It’s me, Kathleen, from Fearlessly Creative Mammas here to bring you another of my favorite recipes. What I love about this recipe is that it is mostly healthy and it is super simple to make. When I make this, I cut all of the vegetables and meat in the morning and then cook it when my husband gets home from work. He isn’t usually home at the same time every night and this is a quick cooking meal for us, plus it is so very, very good.
Many moons ago I was a Pampered Chef Consultant and I really, really loved it. I was pretty good at it too, if I do say so myself. I think if you can do something you like, it helps keep you happy in your work. The reason I stopped being a Pampered Chef Consultant is because my husband got this great job where he had to travel around the world to build buildings. We were blessed enough that our whole family was able to travel with him and we have lived in some fantastic places and met some wonderful people over the years.
I love Pampered Chef products and they also have loads of fantastic recipes. (No, this is not a sponsored post, it’s just the way I feel.) A few years after I stopped being a consultant, they came out with some spices. I bought one called Asian Seasoning Mix, which has a fantastic Asian blend of seasoning and it contains no MSG or preservatives. I love this stuff and buy it two or three bottles at a time. This recipe has the Asian Seasoning. If you don’t have access to the Pampered Chef brand, McCormick has a really good Asian Seasoning as well. This particular recipe is one that is similar to a Pampered Chef recipe. I read it one time and then I couldn’t find it again, so I just made up my own version. It is super good. My husband loves it and he is really picky.
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cut in thin strips about 2 inches long
- 4 packages of Chicken Ramen Noodles
- 4 cups of water
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut jillian style
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 5 green onions, sliced thin
- 6 Tbsp Asian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a medium size bowl, add the sliced chicken, olive oil, 3 Tbsp of Asian Seasoning and 2 packets of Ramen Seasoning and mix well.
- Heat a large skillet or wok and add the chicken.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a clean bowl and cover it.
- To the same pan, add the carrots and peppers. Cook until they are crisp tender.
- Add the ramen noodles, remaining two spice packets and water to the pan.
- Bring the water to a boil and break up the noodles.
- Cover and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the ramen cooks through adding the mushrooms, snow peas and onions after 2 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, remove the lid and stir in the cooked chicken.
- Allow the chicken to heat and some of the water to evaporate, taking about 5 minutes.
Don’t you love this little bowl I found in Home Goods? I bought my mom some in Korea and I wish I had gotten me some as well. Maybe I will get to go back sometime, or I can just go to Home Goods again.
I hope that you love this recipe as much as we do. It makes great leftovers too. Usually we have enough for dinner and then for lunch the next day. There are usually only two or three of us eating though. What is your favorite Asian inspired dish? Does anyone have a great bok choy recipe?
I hope you will visit us at Fearlessly Creative Mammas sometime. We would love to see you there!