- 25 Delicious Casserole Recipes – A special treat from The Best Blog Recipes
- 8 Kid Friendly Dinner Ideas – that kids will enjoy!
Doritos Cool Ranch Tuna Noodle Casserole is one of the best casseroles ever, well in my opinion at least!I don’t know what it is but I love this dish. I love it so much I always make a huge casserole so I have lots of leftovers. This is one of the recipes that I grew up on and it’s one of my ultimate “comfort foods”!
Maybe it’s the Doritos, maybe it’s the cheese? I don’t know but everything comes together to create a perfect blend of flavors.
- 1 regular sized package of egg noodles
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 7oz can Albacore Tuna canned in water
- 1/2 - 3/4 can full of milk (add more or less depending on how creamy you want it, I like it creamy)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 12oz package frozen peas
- 1/2 of a "large" block of Velveeta Cheese, cut into slices
- 1/2 bag of crushed Cool Ranch Doritos
- Boil the egg noodles per package directions.
- In a small sauce pan boil your peas per package directions.
- In a large bowl combine your cream of mushroom soup, albacore tuna, milk, salt and ground pepper. Add more milk to make creamier if the mixture seems a little thick.
- Drain your noodles& peas and add them to the soup mixture and stir well.
- Place combined mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish and top with your Velveeta slices. Make sure the entire casserole is pretty much covered with cheese.
- Crush your Doritos and spread them evenly over the top of the cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to cook until the cheese is bubbling (about 15 additional minutes) on the sides and the Doritos start to brown slightly.
- Depending on how thick you cut your cheese it may take more or less time to cook. I usually pull the casserole out of the oven at 45 minutes of cooking and check the cheese in the very middle of the casserole with a fork to make sure that it's melted. Sometimes it's not and it goes back in and gets checked every 5 minutes until it's ready.
Be Sure To Check Out More Delicious Recipes Ideas Here:
- 20 Minute Spicy Thai noodles is a perfect spicy, sweet and peanuty flavor meal
- A perfect balance of sweet coconut milk with this Coconut Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles
Plus, Don’t Miss to Follow us on Pinterest: