#WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias | My life is really crazy right now! I’m usually a super organized person. I make lists. I get things done. I love to clean. I’m a neat freak and really like things in their “place”. THEN KIDS HAPPENED. 2 boys to be exact and right now they are little and into everything! I’m not exaggerating… they really are into EVERYTHING! I kind of feel like I’m in survival mode on a daily basis. If the kids and I make it through the day in one piece we’re doing good and I consider it a successful day. This was not a concept I understood before I had two boys running around (ages 3 & 1). I mean, mom’s everywhere are totally either “superwoman” or they put on a good front because I am totally not put together anymore, lol!
What list? What was I supposed to do today? Does throwing these toys in a box count as cleaning up… and I can NEVER find anything anymore! That’s why I have shifted my focus from making meals that are long and involved with tons of preparation to making meals that are delicious, quick and easy at dinnertime! Kind of like this Easy Mexican Spaghetti!
That’s why I was so happy to partner with Campbell’s Soup this week! I heard they had a new line of Soups for Easy Cooking and I just knew that they would help me make quick and easy (super delicious) dinners for my daughter, husband and I — because the babies are picky and eat nothing but chicken nuggets, lol! I picked up one of each from Walmart and put them in the pantry for days like today when I need something fast.
So I picked up my high-schooler (did I mention that I have the best almost grown up daughter in the whole world? yep, she’s awesome!) this afternoon and she was starving which I totally should have planned for and of course I hadn’t made it to the grocery store yet today. Ok, let’s be honest… I hadn’t even given dinner one thought yet. I hadn’t even eaten lunch yet and what I was making our dinner was the last thing on my mind.
When I got home and saw the Mexican Style Tomato Soup I was relieved because I knew I could use it in a Mexican Style Spaghetti. Of course my daughter looked at me funny when I put the words Mexican and Spaghetti together in the same sentence, so I kicked her out of the kitchen and got to work. In less than 30 minutes dinner was ready and it was delicious! She loved it and was planning on having the leftovers for breakfast the next day!
For more “weekend style meal” ideas be sure to check out more delicious, easy homemade recipes using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking at http://cbi.as/4pdn! I’d love to hear your favorite!
We also have a coupon for you so you can try these new pourable ready-to-use soups too: Coupon launches on 3/13, it’s for $.75 coupon on Walmart.com and is valid for 1 month!
- 1/2 pound ground hamburger
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 of a 17.6 oz package of spaghetti
- 1/4 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup of canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of canned corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 container of Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking: Mexican Style Tomato (it’s a pourable, ready-to-use soup)
- shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite kind will work)
- avocado, cut into chunks
- green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa (we used the Organic Kirkland Brand from Costco)
- In a large pot cook your spaghetti per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown your hamburger over medium heat and crumble as you go.
- Once the hamburger is browner drain off any extra grease and add your onion, garlic and garlic powder to the mix. Stir well and cook about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Add your fire roasted tomatoes, pinto beans, corn, Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking: Mexican Style Tomato Soup, and 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa. Stir well and let cook until simmering.
- Add your hamburger mix to your drained spaghetti noodles and stir well.
- Put your spaghetti into bowls or onto a plate and add your avocado chunks & green onion. Sprinkle with your favorite shredded cheese and place under the broiler for about 1 minute so that the cheese is all melty and good!
If you have a recipe that calls for Condensed Tomato Soup >> now enjoy with Mexican Style Tomato (great for Mexican dishes) or if you just want to spice dinner up!
AND…. For even more recipe goodness check out Campbell’s on Social Media: