I’ve been trying to be good about my cholesterol intake since I found out that mine was really high about 2 years ago. It scared me when I heard that it was in the 230’s. Don’t know about you but I don’t want to have a heart attack any time soon. That’s why I really try to monitor my cholesterol intake now on a daily basis.
Just for the record… I’m not some weirdo that just walks around eating tofu and “meatless” meats all of the time, ok well I do but it’s not because I’m weird. I have just really fell in love with a lot of meatless recipes because they are so tasty so much healthier than some of the regular meats that I had been eating.
So tonight I just tweaked my Texas Chili Recipe a little to become a “Meaty” Vegetarian Chili! Oh and it turned out good! Gotta love meaty meatless recipes 🙂
"Meaty" Vegetarian Chili
Enjoy a delicious bowl of "Meaty" Vegetarian Chili using Morning Star Farms Breakfast Sausage Patties.
Write a review
- 8-9 Morning Star Farms Breakfast Sausage Patties, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-15 ounce can tomato sauce [I use the "no sugar added"]
- 1-1/2 tomato sauce can of water (depending on how thin you want it)
- 1-15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes [you can use the fire roasted w/ garlic too]
- 2-15.25 oz cans of red kidney beans, drained
- * This chili has a thinner consistency... just didn't want you to be surprised.
- Chop your onion and add to saute pan with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon of garlic. Saute until onion is softened and translucent. Add to a large pot. Add your (drained) beans, fire roasted tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder & chili powder.
- Bring chili mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Now cook your Morning Star Farms breakfast sausage patties over medium heat for 8 minutes or until hot all the way through. See package for exact cooking instructions.
- Combing your sausage patties with your chili and stir well. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- This chili has quite a kick to it. You might want to put in 1/2 of the seasonings and test it to make sure that it's not going to be too HOT for you before adding the rest of the seasoning.
The Best Blog Recipes http://thebestblogrecipes.com/
- Find out where The Best Blog Recipes likes to party and link up by visiting our Link Parties Page
- All bloggers that host weekly link parties are welcome to submit their party button using InLinkz so that we may visit you on the day of your party and link up a few of our newest recipes!