Hello again! It’s Becky from Love to be in the Kitchen. I am excited to be back this month to share another delciious recipe with you all! My sister-in-law just got married less than 2 weeks ago. For her wedding reception she had a cookie bar and I made 14 dozen cookies! It was crazy but fun too. I made some inside-out-cookies but mostly my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you haven’t checked out that recipe yet what are you waiting for?! It’s pretty awesome. She had her bridal shower the Saturday before, only a few days before I needed to make all those cookies so since I was in charge of dessert I made these yummy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies Bars. It’s such an easy recipe!
Only one bowl, mix, bake, cool, slice and enjoy! My sister-in-law loves peanut butter so she really loved these. And these were a hit! By the time I got in line to get some food at the shower they were almost all gone! My favorite part is all the chocolate chunks! I love chocolate chips but nothing beats a big fat chunk of chocolate. I love cookies like crazy but cookie bars are another favorite because they are so easy to make!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- heaping ½ cup creamy peanut butter (not homemade)
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, about 1 minute. Let butter cool till warm. Add the sugars, egg and vanilla, stir vigorously to combine, for about 1 minute. Stir in the peanut butter. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until center is just set and golden. Bars will firm up as they cool. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes because slicing and serving. Store extra bars in an airtight container.
Very slightly adapted from Averie Cooks
Keep in touch with me and my delicious recipes by following me on:
Here are some more wonderful recipes that you might enjoy while you’re here: