Any parent appreciates time-saving tips, but I think new parents especially need quick, simple and effective ideas for making life easier. I remember many, many bleary-eyed mornings after being up all night with my first newborn. I was operating on adrenalin and automatic way too often.
When you’re tired and busy with a dozen other do-it-nows, it’s tempting to forget about your own nutrition and just grab whatever is easiest. Bad habit! Stocking the fridge and pantry with ingredients for healthier, quick fixes will pay off.
Having the right kitchen appliances will make a huge difference too. The technology that Braun products feature in their new line helps eliminate time and messes in the daily routines.
For example, the Braun BrewSense coffee maker has a back ledge that collects condensation and transfers it back into the machine’s water tank instead of your countertop. No more water spots to clean up—Braun appliances make sense!
My Braun PureMix Blender makes these mini smoothie bowls a great option. And you don’t need to be a new parent to enjoy them; they can be readily customized for everyone in the family.
This can be made with any combination of flavors: green smoothie, mixed berry smoothie, banana and peanut butter smoothie, etc. The sky’s the limit for a recipe like this, which makes it GREAT for families.
- 1-2 frozen bananas (if using chunks, about 4-6 chunks)
- 5-6 frozen strawberries
- 1 T honey
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- Toppings: chia, flax, nuts, berries, bananas, chocolate chips, granola, nut butters, yogurt (omit yogurt and nut butters in the smoothie if adding on top)
- Place milk, honey and yogurt in the bottom of blender.
- Add bananas and strawberries and puree until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie into bowls and add your favorite toppings.
Tip: Instead of throwing ripe bananas away or for saving them for the banana bread you never make, peel your bananas, cut into 3-4 pieces and freeze.
They are the perfect base for any smoothie! They make it cold and creamy and you get more nutrients without watering it down with ice. You can do this for any fruit in your fridge that needs to be used, too.
And if you have a few extra minutes and want to feel totally indulged, try THE Ultimate, Most Amazing, Mocha Frappe Recipe You Will Ever Need (OK, maybe that’s a little excessive but it’s pretty darn good)!
- 8 ounces strong coffee
- 8 ounces cold milk
- 2-3 T chocolate pudding mix
- 2 handfuls of ice
- splash or more of half and half
- Using the Braun PureMix, blend all ingredients on LIQUEFY until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in a cup, pour in frappe and top with whipped cream.
- Add more chocolate for the ultimate pick me up.
- Whipped Cream
- Add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and ¼ cup of powdered sugar to the beaker. Using the whisk attachment of your Braun Multiquick 7, whip until stiff peaks form.
To brew coffee for this, I used 24 ounces of cold water to 16 scoops of coffee. I used the BOLD option on my Braun BrewSense coffee maker. Let cool slightly before making.
Tip: Clean your appliances right after using them, no matter how tempting it is to leave them for later. It’s easier and faster.
Give the appliance bowls a quick bath by filling with warm water, a drop or two of liquid dish soap, and run them for a few seconds. Rinse well and dry.
Wipe bases with a slightly damp cloth. You’re ready for next time!
Another tip? Don’t feel guilty about taking time for yourself. You’ll be a better mom in every way!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Braun. The opinions and text are all mine.