These soft little delicious cookies are so delicious and have so much flavor! I made them especially for my daughter since she LOVES Andes Mints and I couldn’t hardly wait until they were finished for her to try one! They’re soft, frosted and delicious! What more could you want from a cookie?
Soft Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies
Recipe Type: Dessert
These Andes mint Cookies are easy to make, soft and delicious!
- [b]Soft Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies[/b]
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (283 grams), chopped finely (I used chips)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces (57 grams) chopped Andes Mints or Andes Baking Chips (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- [b]Mint Glaze[/b]
- 2 ounces (28 grams) semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (I used chips)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 ounces (42 grams) chopped Andes Mints or Andes Baking Chips (about 1/4 cup)
- Extra chopped Andes Mints or Andes Baking Chips for the topping
- [b]Cookie Directions[/b]
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine the 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in microwaveable bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Remove and stir. Return to microwave for another 20 seconds and repeat process until all chocolate is melted.
- Stir in 2 ounces of chopped Andes Mints or Andes Baking Chips. Continue to stir until all Andes Mints have melted into chocolate.
- Combine eggs, vanilla and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until the eggs have turned a pale yellow and create a ribbon effect when removing the beaters (this means that the mixture will fall in a ribbon pattern back on itself when the beaters are removed and allowed to drip over the mixture). This process took me about 10 minutes on the highest speed.
- Place a sifter over the chocolate mixture and sift flour and baking powder mixture over the chocolate. Gently stir the flour mixture into the chocolate until mixed thoroughly. Now add the whipped egg and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of chocolate mixture onto your lined baking sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies puff and start to crackle on the top. Cool completely on the baking sheet (or the cookie will fall apart – found this out the hard way). As the cookies cool they will deflate a little bit.
- While the cookies are cooling you can prepare your chocolate glaze.
- [b]Chocolate Glaze[/b]
- Combine 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter and repeat the process above for melting in the microwave. Stir in 1 1/2 ounces Andes Mints until completely melted. Spoon on about 1 teaspoon of glaze onto each cookie and and spread into a thin layer (or thick if you’re like me). Top with extra Andes Mints.
- Then you are ready to enjoy your cookies!
- You don’t have to share if you don’t want to 🙂
- [b] A note on my baking process….[/b] I used the Andes Mints Baking Chips and I really wish I would have just taken the time to chop the Andes Mints myself, especially for the topping. I didn’t think that the baking chips looked very pretty as the topping. I was a little bummed after putting so much work into the cookies to make them perfect and then to have the baking chips look dull and worn. Oh well, now I know for next time!
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy today: