Is there anyone on the planet who hasn’t enjoyed a burger? May 28th is National Burger Day and it must be celebrated so pull out your grill and officially welcome summer!
With a tasty piece of meat and representatives of every food group (if you count tomato as fruit), this recipe represents the entire food pyramid and it fits right in your hand. Impressed?
My bacon cheddar burger also includes the gourmet touch of premium pork with special spice blends because I used Johnsonville Grillers instead of plain beef burgers. And I don’t want to brag but I gotta tell the truth: it is delicious and totally satisfies a hearty appetite!
Johnsonville Grillers are available in Original Bratwurst, Cheddar Cheese and Bacon, and Swiss Cheese and Mushroom. Having the flavors already packed in the sausage in addition to using pre-made patties makes it easy to get cooking. Johnsonville is the number one brand of sausage in America for good reason. Taste for yourself.
Bacon, Cheddar & Egg Burgers
Bacon, Cheddar & Egg Burgers are almost like breakfast for dinner. You will be in love with this recipe!
- Johnsonville Brautwurst Grillers
- whole wheat buns
- eggs 1 per burger
- bacon 1 piece per burger
- cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- To cook the eggs: butter and water
- 1. Cook burger on grill preheated to medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the burgers reaches an internal temperature of 165.
- 2. In a skillet over medium-low heat, place a teaspoon of butter. Crack the egg in the middle of the pan and then pour ½ cup of water around the egg. Cover the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until the egg is cooked the way you like it.
- 3. For the bacon, layer 4 paper towels on top of one another and place bacon slices on the paper towels. Cover with two more layers of paper towels and microwave for 2 minutes. Check bacon for doneness. Continue to cook in 30 second increments until bacon is all the way cooked (varies depending on the thickness of bacon).
- 4. Layer cheese, lettuce, tomato, burger, bacon and egg on the bun.