Last updated on
Table of Contents
Cheesy Beef & Bean Enchilada Dip is an easy and delicious way to serve up a yummy appetizer!
I may or may not have had this Cheesy Beef & Bean Enchilada Dip for breakfast. I also may have eaten the leftovers for dinner tonight too because they were that good. Wonder if my hubby noticed that they were gone. He thinks I’m weird for eating the same meal twice in a 24 hour period. I think he’s weird that he “saves” leftovers when they are so stinkin good. I’m always opening the refrigerator and seeing yummy things that are just calling my name and I can’t say no to that. His loss!
Now let’s talk about this super easy recipe. When I say super easy I really mean it. Sometimes I get embarrassed to even share things with you guys because I’m all — brown some hamburger and add a few things and you’re done. Yep, that’s about how hard this recipe was to make. Thank goodness though because we were starving. The baby was crying and who knows what my 2 yr old was doing while I was making this. Usually when he’s being that quiet it’s not a good thing if you know what I mean. That boy can get into trouble fast so this recipe was perfect! It was done in no time.
I have to admit that I’ve never made a cheesy enchilada dip before and I didn’t know what to expect. I found a recipe over at Add A Pinch for an amazing looking Beef Enchilada Dip and started drooling instantly. She had all sorts of melty cheesy goodness. I knew my heart and my hips wouldn’t like all of that cheese so I opted to add some re-fried beans, green onions, Rotel tomatoes and seasonings to make up for me being sad that I couldn’t use as much cheese as she did.
You know what… I actually wasn’t sad all that long because this dip was AHHH- mazing and I ate way more than I should have. I made some really delicious guacamole and topped the dip off with sour cream. Funny story — I don’t even like sour cream. I only ate it while I was pregnant with my second child and haven’t been able to eat it since with the exception of today. It was perfect with this dip. And no, I’m not pregnant just in case you were wondering. I had to think about it for half a second but it’s a no.
So go grab your chips and the fixings to make this easy dip and you too can eat it for breakfast like I did 😉
Cheesy Beef & Bean Enchilada Dip
- 1/2 pound hamburger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 16- oz can of re-fried beans
- 1 10- oz can of enchilada sauce
- 1/2 of a 10-oz can of Rotel tomatoes
- 6 green onions chopped
- cheddar cheese shredded.(about 1 ½ cups or more depending on how cheesy you want it)
- sour cream
- Brown your hamburger and drain the grease.
- Add your Rotel tomaotes, ½ of your green onion, garlic salt & onion powder and stir. Cook for about 2 minutes and then add your enchilada sauce and stir well. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat your re-fried beans separately.
- Layer your beans and sauce mixture in a serving dish and sprinkle the cheese on the top. Put under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese.
- When it's all melty and good add your sour cream, guacamole and the rest of your green onions.
- >>> If you want more dip then you can double the ingredients and make a larger batch. This fed 2 adults and we had some left over.
Here are a few more recipes we thought you might enjoy: