I’m going to tell you a little secret about myself, ok? Here it goes… but first promise me you won’t laugh.
I didn’t think I could really cook until I was in my late 20’s. To make a long story short, when I was in my early 20’s I tried to make cookies from scratch and I mixed up a tablespoon of salt when it should have been a teaspoon. Yes, because I messed up a batch of cookies somehow I believed I wasn’t a good cook.
There it is. I’m a food blogger who at one point in her life didn’t believe she could cook. I’m so glad that I got over that belief. Isn’t it crazy how one event in our life can bring us to believe something so crazy about ourselves?
Now that we have that out of the way let’s talk about this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta that I made last night for dinner. I really had no idea how it would turn out since I have only had pesto 1 other time in my whole life. I guess you could call me a Pesto Newbie.
I wanted to keep it easy this time since it was my first official Pesto Chicken recipe so of course I turned to Pinterest to find a recipe to try. I ended up choosing a recipe that I found over at Domestically Speaking for her Creamy Pesto Chicken Pasta. It just so happened that I had everything that I needed to try it out.
I loved it but my Official Taste Tester (my hubby Joe) was sleeping at dinner time so he could get up for work (graveyard shift) so I ate all by myself. I couldn’t hardly wait to feed it to him this morning so I knew if it passed the test and was good enough to put on the blog. I was very happy when he gave it the good ol thumbs up!
Here’s the Pesto pre-made pesto that I bought from the store. I decided on this brand because it is a peanut/tree nut free pesto and that’s kind of hard to find. Our daughter has a really severe allergy so we have to be careful! So I guess you could say that this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta is peanut/tree nut free! Pass it on!
- 1/2 package of pasta (we used rotini)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 can of milk
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) of pesto (we used a store bought brand to make it easy)
- Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Cook your pasta per package directions. When it is done add 1 tablespoon of butter and stir.
- Meanwhie, while your pasta is cooking add about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and cook until the chicken starts to lightly brown (we usually get all of the liquid out of the pan and wipe it with a napkin about 3/4 of the way through cooking the chicken cubes, we’re weird like that!)
- Add your cream of chicken soup, milk, garlic salt, pepper, and pesto sauce to your chicken skillet. Whisk together and bring to a slight boil, then turn down the heat immediately so that you don’t burn the soup mixture to the bottom of the pan. Let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the pesto mixture and noodles together and top with Parmesan Cheese!
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy:
Love Recipes? Sign up for FREE Newsletters!
Subscribe to The Best Blog Recipes to get our latest content by email.