Well, I think I’m in love with homemade baked chicken nuggets! I’m wondering why I’ve been wasting my time with egg wash and skillets full of oil for so many years? Frying them has been so unhealthy and so messy. I usually end up with oil splattered all over my oven, the counter and the front of my shirt. Not fun.
I kept seeing recipes for baked chicken nuggets but I’d just put them on my “to make” list and then forget about them. It wasn’t until this past weekend when I needed a quick and easy chicken recipe did I pull out my idea list and decide to try something new.
After searching I finally decided on a Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe from Skinny Taste. It looked simple enough, and everything else that I’ve tried from Skinny Taste has been a huge hit in our house so I figured this would be a keeper too! It was so easy and delicious! 2 of my favorite things when cooking.
- • 3 large chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- • salt and pepper to taste
- • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- • 8 tablespoons whole wheat Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- • 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- Put your extra virgin olive oil in a medium mixing bowl and add your bite sized chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to ensure that all chicken pieces are coated in oil, salt & pepper
- In another mixing bowl combine your panko bread crumbs and whole wheat Italian seasoned bread crumbs and stir together
- Dip each piece of chicken in your bread crumb mixture and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet
- Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes. Flip over all chicken pieces and continue cooking for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through and the internal temp reaches 165°
Here are some other recipes that you might enjoy: