I have a total confession to share with you…. I have an addiction to sandwiches! It’s bad too! I could seriously live on sandwiches morning, noon and night with all of the different bread, meat and cheese combinations. You can make hot sandwiches, you can make cold sandwiches and in my own mind the options go on and on.
This is seriously the worst kind of addiction for me to have because bread (and pasta) put weight on me faster than anything else out there! It’s really not funny to tell you the truth. Every time I eat a sandwich I gain a pound, no joke. So I have to be very careful about when and how I make my sandwiches now that I’ve been maintaining my 50 lb weight loss. I can’t completely cut them out because I don’t believe in living that strict of a diet, but I do believe in being careful about what you put into your body and being aware enough to know how it affects your physical health.
So in this “Lighter Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwich” recipe I decided to add a few extras as healthier fillers and removed some of the bad stuff for me and you know what…. it was delicious! And I didn’t feel like I was missing out at all! It was great!
Lighter Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwich
Looking for a light and delicious sandwich? Look no further than this Lighter Chicken Avocado Sandwich!
- 2 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium avocado cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon light mayo
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- Healthy Bread of your choice: I used 100% Whole Wheat Oroweat Sandwich Thins
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 handful of fresh spinach per sandwich
- 2 slices of tomato per sandwich
- Super easy... add your chicken, avocado, celery stalk, light mayo, plain greek yogurt and stir together. Taste before adding your salt & pepper so you know how much you need (try to use as little salt as possible).
- Spoon the chicken avocado onto your bread, top with spinach & tomato then serve and enjoy!
- The nice thing about this recipe is that you get your healthy fats from the avocado and you add the celery as a filler so you don't use as much chicken & avocado!
This recipe was originally published on our Weight Loss Blog: https://ready2loseweight.blogspot.com/
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy today: