My hubby and I could eat Mexican Food 3 meals a day 7 days a week. But that would be weird so we don’t. Instead we try to limit it to a few times a week and always make sure to throw new recipes into the mix so we don’t eat the same things over and over again. So when I was walking through the store and saw cute little Stand N Stuff Soft Taco Bowls from Old El Paso I knew I wanted to use them in a recipe for my husband.
I had been wanting to make Ranch Chicken Tacos for a while so I decided to whip up a quick and easy Ranch Chicken Taco mixture to stuff the bowls with. They turned out good and weren’t too spicy which is nice if you have little kids that are eating with you. Salsa and sour cream would also be a great addition to these bowls too! Normally I would have added it to ours but I totally spaced because I was so hungry and had my eye on the “prize”, lol!
I picked up our Old El Paso Stand ‘n Stuff Soft Flour Tortilla bowls at Walmart, but have also seen them at other grocery stores as well. I warmed them up in the microwave for about 20 seconds and then just plopped our fixings in and they were done! Easy and yummy… my favorite kind of meal!
Ranch Chicken Mexican Taco Bowls
- 2 chicken breasts cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package of Old El Paso Stand 'N Stuff Flour Tortilla Shells
- 1 16- oz can of refried beans
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup of Rotel Tomatoes with the juice too, don't drain it off
- 1/3 cup of your favorite ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 of a red onion chopped
- cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- chives for garnish
- optional: salsa and sour cream on the top
- In a medium sauce pan add your refried beans and sour cream and stir well. Cook over medium-low heat while you're cooking your chicken. Make sure to stir it a few times.
- In a large skillet add your olive oil and turn heat to medium. Add your chicken and saute until no longer pink in the middle. Drain any extra liquid/grease from chicken. Add 1/4 cup of your onions and minced garlic and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add your ranch dressing, garlic powder, onion powder and Rotel tomatoes and stir well. Cook until the sauce is bubbling and really hot!
- Heat your tortilla bowls in the microwave for about 15 seconds to soften them. Scoop your beans and chicken into the bowls. Top with shredded cheddar, onions and avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!