#SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias | My husband and I love a good Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich for dinner! There is just something about a good quality meat, cheese, peppers and seasonings that makes us happy. Normally we have our Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches on some type of roll, but the bread fills us up so fast sometimes we don’t always have room for the other yummy stuff on the plate… like the fries and onion rings!
That’s why we decided it might be fun to make Philly Cheese Steak Fries & Onion Rings Baskets for dinner. Since our weeknights get really busy with our kids we didn’t want to try and make fries and onion rings from scratch, but we still wanted them to be good. We were at Walmart and noticed that the Alexia Crispy Rosemary Fries w/ Sea Salt, the Crispy Onion Rings & the Sweet Potato Fries were made with all natural ingredients so we took them home and paired them with a few simple ingredients to make our fun baskets!
For this recipe you’ll need a good quality steak (look to see what’s on saving that week), a yellow onion, 5 cloves of garlic, a red bell pepper, and a green bell pepper. We added 1 teaspoon of low sodium soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce to the meat and it was just enough. Pair all that with your Alexia Fries, Onion Rings and Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese and you’ve got a really yummy combination for dinner!
Philly Cheese Steak Fries & Onion Rings Basket
- About 12 oz of your favorite cut of steak thinly sliced (the thinner the better for this recipe)
- 1/2 of a yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of shredded low fat Mozzarella cheese
- Alexia Crispy Rosemary and Sea Salt Fries
- Alexia Crispy Onion Rings
- Cook your Alexia Fries & Onion Rings per package directions.
- In a large skillet cook your steak over medium heat until it is no longer pink inside. Drain any liquid from the pan.
- Add your onions, peppers and garlic, soy sauce, and worcestershire sauce to your meat and stir well. Cook until your onions are soft and the meat starts to brown.
- Add your Mozzarella cheese and cover with a lid to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve your meat and cheese mixture over your fries and add your favorite dipping sauce to the side (ranch, jalapeno ranch, fry sauce or ketchup would be delicious)
I’ve shared our new fun way to eat our Philly Steak Sandwiches with you! Now let us know how you like to eat yours in the comments below!