Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
#WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias | A few days ago the boys and I were so hungry for dinner and I had no idea what I was going to make. I really wanted something yummy but didn’t have a ton of time to spend on preparation in the kitchen, which is really the story of my life. On the weekends I have more time and love to cook when we’re home all day long, but when we’re busy running errands and everything during the week it can be a bit of a challenge to get a yummy dinner made and on the table.
Since I had this Sweet Onion Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking in my pantry I decided to make something really easy and yummy for us to eat. I paired it with a rotisserie chicken (because sometimes dealing with raw chicken just takes too much time and effort), broccoli, brown rice, onions and seasonings. Start to finish this dinner was on the table in about 15 minutes.
If you haven’t seen this new line of soups they come in 4 different flavors: Sweet Onion, Mexican Style Tomato, Savory Portobello Mushrrom & Creamy Herb and Garlic w/ Chicken Stock. We picked up all 4 at Walmart and have tried each of them in different recipes and we love how easy they are to use when you need a creamy, onion or tomato soup.
If you’re a gravy lover like I am then I think you’ll definitely love this Rotisserie Chicken, Broccoli and Brown Rice with Sweet Onion Dinner recipe! I think that mashed potatoes or white rice would also taste so good if you didn’t want to use brown rice in this dish.
For more “weekend style meal” ideas be sure to check out more delicious, easy homemade recipes using Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking at https://cbi.as/4pdn! I’d love to hear your favorite!
SAVINGS: We also have a coupon for you so you can try these new pourable ready-to-use soups too: Coupon launches on 3/13, it’s for $.75 coupon on Walmart.com and is valid for 1 month!
Rotisserie Chicken with Broccoli, Brown Rice and Sweet Onion Gravy
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, we used pre-cooked microwaveable brown rice to make it easy
- 2 cups cooked broccoli, we used frozen in a steamer bag and microwaved it per package directions
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Rotisserie Chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
- 3 green onion stalks
- 1 ready to use Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Sweet Onion Soup Mix, in the soup aisle
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or maybe a bit more... taste it first to see if you want to add any more
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook your brown rice per package directions or use instant in the microwaveable bag. Set aside once done.
- Cook your broccoli in a steamer or use frozen in a steamable bag and cook per package directions. Set aside once done.
- Place your chopped onion and butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add your rotisserie chicken, stir well and continue to cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add your cooked broccoli, brown rice, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and stir well (you may want to add a little bit more butter if the rice seems dry).
- In a separate small sauce pan bring your Campbell's Sweet Onion Soup to a simmer.
- Dish up your chicken, broccoli and rice mixture and pour your Sweet Onion Soup over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe calls for Condensed French Onion Soup>> now try the savory addition of Sweet Onion flavor in your recipe (this a savory addition to any meatloaf and skillet dishes)
For even more recipe goodness check out Campbell’s on Social Media:
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy today:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
We won't sell or give away your information to anyone, for any reason. Unsubscribe at any time.