Table of Contents
Happy hour starts now with these 10 best simple strawberry daiquiri recipe creations, crafted with either fresh or frozen strawberries that are sweet and in-season.
Scale these recipes up for gatherings, and you'll find yourself skipping the store-bought daiquiri mixes and pre-made versions for good.
Omit the rum to create some of the finest strawberry-citrus mocktails you your friends and family are sure to love!
What is a Daiquiri?
- Classic Daiquiri: Served shaken with ice and then strained into a cocktail glass. This version is clear and crisp, highlighting the balance between the rum's warmth, the lime's acidity, and the sweetness of the sugar.
- Frozen Daiquiri: Blended with ice to create a slushy consistency, often incorporating fruits like strawberries for added flavor and color. Frozen daiquiris are especially popular in warm climates and are a staple of summer menus.
- Hemingway Daiquiri: Also known as the Papa Doble, this variation includes grapefruit juice and maraschino liqueur, omitting the sugar for a drier taste profile.
What is in a Strawberry Daiquiri?
To whip up a frozen strawberry daiquiri from the comfort of your home, here's what you'll require:
- Ice: Essential for achieving that signature slushy texture in frozen strawberry daiquiris.
- Sugar: While strawberries contribute natural sweetness, adding white sugar enhances the flavor.
- Strawberries: You can use pre-frozen strawberries from the store. If you have an abundance of fresh strawberries, feel free to freeze them yourself or use them as they are.
- Juices: Lime juice and lemon juice are necessary.
- Rum: White rum is the go-to for traditional daiquiris.
- Soda (Optional): Choose a lemon-lime flavored carbonated drink, like Sprite, for a touch of fizz.
How to Make a Strawberry Daiquiri
- Prepare the Ingredients: If you're using fresh strawberries, wash and hull them. If they're large, you might want to cut them into smaller pieces to make blending easier.
- Blend the Daiquiri: In a blender, combine the ice, white rum, strawberries, lime juice, and sugar. Blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth and slushy. If the mixture is too thick, you can add a little bit of water or more rum to achieve the desired consistency. If it's too thin, add more ice.
- Taste and Adjust: Give your daiquiri a taste and adjust the sweetness if necessary by adding a bit more sugar. If you prefer a stronger citrus flavor, a little extra lime juice can be added.
- Serve: Pour the daiquiri into a glass. Garnish with a strawberry or a slice of lime on the rim of the glass.
- Enjoy Responsibly: Enjoy your homemade strawberry daiquiri responsibly. This cocktail is perfect for hot summer days or any festive occasion.
Strawberry Daiquiri Variations
These easy substitutions and additions can easily be swapped out while still maintaining the deliciousness of these daiquiri recipes!
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri: Most recipes essentially make a frozen daiquiri. For a less icy version, reduce the amount of ice and serve over ice cubes instead.
- Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri: To make a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the rum and add a little bit of water or more lime juice to compensate for the liquid volume.
- Customizing: Feel free to customize your daiquiri by adding other fruits, adjusting the sweetness, or experimenting with different types of rum.
Enjoy crafting your strawberry daiquiri, and don't hesitate to make it your own by tweaking the ingredients to suit your taste!
How to Serve Strawberry Daiquiris
Serving strawberry daiquiris in an appealing way can enhance the overall experience of enjoying this refreshing cocktail. Here are some tips on how to serve strawberry daiquiris:
Choose the Right Glassware
- Hurricane Glasses: These are traditional and offer a visually appealing way to serve frozen daiquiris, thanks to their vase-like shape and tall stature.
- Martini Glasses: For a more sophisticated presentation, especially for non-frozen (shaken or stirred) versions.
- Margarita Glasses: These can also be a fun option, adding a festive touch to your presentation.
- Fresh Strawberries: A whole strawberry slit at the bottom can be placed on the rim of the glass, or you could add sliced strawberries inside the drink.
- Lime Slices or Wedges: These add a pop of color and hint at the citrus flavor within the drink.
- Mint Leaves: A sprig of mint can add a fresh aroma and a touch of greenery.
- Sugar Rim: Wet the rim of the glass with a lime wedge, then dip it in granulated white sugar to create a sweet, decorative edge.
- Fill the Glasses: Pour the blended daiquiri into the chosen glass, leaving enough room to avoid spills.
- Add the Garnishes: Place your selected garnishes on the rim of the glass or float them on top of the drink.
- Straws and Stirrers: Offer a straw or a stirrer, especially for thicker frozen daiquiris, to make it easier for guests to enjoy.
- Keep It Cold: Serve immediately after blending to ensure the daiquiri remains slushy and cold.
- Batch Preparation: If serving at a party, consider making a large batch in advance and keeping it in the freezer. Give it a quick blend or stir before serving to refresh the slushy texture.
- Non-Alcoholic Version: Offer a virgin strawberry daiquiri option for those who don't consume alcohol by omitting the rum and possibly adding a bit of sparkling water or lemon-lime soda for fizz.
By paying attention to the presentation and serving your strawberry daiquiris with care, you can elevate the drinking experience for your guests, making it a memorable part of any gathering or special occasion.
Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe Round Up
Look at our recipe list below. Click the photo or the link below it to see the complete recipe and how to make it.
1. Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots
Strawberry daiquiri jello shots are a fun and refreshing boozy treat. These tasty adults-only treats are like a dessert and cocktail all in one!
Strawberry Daiquiri Jello Shots
Love this recipe? Give it a 5 Star Rating
- 3 ounces strawberry jello mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup white rum
- ¼ cup cold water
- 40 whole strawberries (as large as you can find)
- Granulated sugar (garnish)
- Lime wedges
- In a medium bowl or large (4-cup) measuring cup with a spout, whisk together the strawberry jello mix and 1 cup of boiling water until the jello is fully dissolved.
- Once the jello is fully dissolved, stir in the cold water, lime juice, and rum. Mix until combined.
- Use a strawberry corer or sharp paring knife to cut the stem from each strawberry and hollow out a bit of a cavity to fill with the jello. Shave off just a bit from the bottom of each strawberry so that it can stand up.
- Carefully pour the jello mixture into each strawberry. You can use a food syringe or a squirt bottle, or simply pour with a steady hand.
- Transfer jello shots to the refrigerator and chill for 2 to 3 hours until set.
- Just before serving, roll the top of each strawberry in granulated sugar and garnish with a very small lime wedge.
2. How to Make a Strawberry Daiquiri
For those in search of a frozen daiquiri that boasts a pure strawberry taste, this cocktail recipe is ideal for two, but can easily be scaled up to cater to party needs. After trying this recipe, you'll find yourself foregoing premade daiquiri mixes from the store!
3. Easy Strawberry Daiquiri
This recipe provides simple instructions for creating either a blended frozen strawberry daiquiri or a traditional shaken strawberry daiquiri served over ice, allowing you to choose according to your taste—or experiment with both! Feel free to personalize it: alter the rum type, incorporate additional fruits, or top it off with fresh mint or any other edible herb or flower for a unique twist.
4. Strawberry Daiquiri
The Strawberry Daiquiri frequently comes in a frozen form. It's made by blending rum, lime, simple syrup, and a handful of strawberries with ice until it reaches a smooth consistency. This frosty delight offers the refreshing taste akin to a fresh smoothie, enhanced by the welcome addition of alcohol.
5. Homemade Strawberry Daiquiri
Indulge in the supreme frozen beverage with this homemade Strawberry Daiquiri recipe. Boasting a delightful blend of sweetness, tartness, and frosty texture, it's the perfect refreshment for sweltering summer days. This strawberry daiquiri isn't just a way to beat the heat; it also stands out as an exceptional drink for any gathering. From elegant brunches and family reunions to casual backyard barbecues, this cocktail is guaranteed to impress!
6. Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri!!
The ultimate Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri is crafted with an abundance of fresh, frozen strawberries, ensuring no ice is needed to water down the flavor, while achieving the ideal slushy texture. It's deceptively smooth to drink – containing a generous amount of alcohol that's surprisingly undetectable to the taste!
7. Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
Regardless of being served neat or as a blended concoction, the fundamental components of a daiquiri include rum, lime, and sugar. This particular recipe enhances the strawberry flavor by using both fresh and frozen strawberries. Freshly sliced strawberries are mixed with lime juice and sugar to form a richly colored natural syrup. Blending these lime-soaked strawberries and rum with frozen strawberries allows the fruit's natural sweetness to shine through, without the dilution effect of ice. The outcome is a brightly hued, refreshingly flavorful drink with an ideal slushie texture.
8. Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
At its core, a daiquiri comprises rum, sugar, and citrus—anything beyond that is merely enhancing its allure. Yet, a frozen strawberry daiquiri stands out as the quintessential cooler for summer days, whether you're lounging by the pool or digging your toes into the beach sand.
9. Strawberry Daquiri
A classic daiquiri that deserves a spot on your list features frozen sweet strawberries, white rum, lime juice, and a bit of ice. It's ideal for sipping by the pool, during backyard get-togethers, and even on vacation. This drink is refreshingly delightful, strikingly vibrant, and sure to impress!
10. Easy Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
Transform any casual get-together into an authentic celebration with this Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe! Discover how to craft strawberry daiquiris using just a few ingredients, whether you're opting for a non-alcoholic version or the classic cocktail. Whip up a batch for your upcoming backyard barbecue or a cozy night in with the girls!