Last updated on
Table of Contents
Thank you Arla Dofino for sponsoring this post! All opinions are 100% my own. #HavartiHolidays || Click HERE for $1.00 off your next purchase!
There is something about a ooey-gooey cheesy breakfast that just draws me in. If ever given the option I will always pick something with melted cheese over something else... and this cheese my friends not only tastes fantastic but it melts so beautifully that it makes you want to grab it and dive right in!
So this year for the holidays I want to surprise my family with a new delicious breakfast option. We really love breakfast sandwiches but have become quite predictable and serve them up to our family the same way every year. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I like to keep my peeps on their toes and they kind of expect yummy delicious food 24/7 since I'm a food blogger.
It can be a lot of pressure knowing everyone is waiting for a delicious and really tasty breakfast. I don't know about you but I don't want to spend all morning in the kitchen prepping and making something difficult (or messy). Nope, I'd much rather be out with my kids enjoying family time and watching them play with grandma and grandpa. That's why I set out on a mission to create a mouthwatering breakfast that was so delicious they would talk about it for the rest of the day. The kind of breakfast that they would request next year because it was that good! The kind that takes 30 minutes from start to finish for everything.
You really only need a few ingredients for this breakfast: Bacon, Bisquick, sour cream, butter, clear lemon lime soda, eggs, salt & pepper and my secret ingredient... Arla Dofino Havarti Sliced Cheese.
I really wish you could see, smell and taste this cheese right now. It is so delicious! I remember the first time I bought it a few years ago. I couldn't believe just how good it was! The Arla Dofino brand of cheese includes a delicious range of family-friendly cheese types such as Havarti, Gouda, Edam, Muenster and Fontina. They are naturally good from farm to fridge. The cheese is free of added hormones and preservatives (yay), and crafted with quality, natural ingredients in an environmentally friendly way.
Arla cheeses have been traditionally crafted in Wisconsin for more than 100 years! It's available in a variety of retail stores nationwide. For more information visit Arla Dofino and check out their store locater! ** Look for Arla Dofino in the deli section (not the dairy section) of most stores.
I decided I wanted to try something different in this recipe today. I wanted to put cheese IN the biscuits because that's just how I roll. I'm a risk taker, NOT. But I knew that cheese in the biscuits would be good so I chopped up a few slices of this Havarti Cheese and added it right in my Biscuit mixture. If I had to rate these biscuits on a scale of 1-5 before the cheese it was already a 5... and now they are seriously off the charts!
The thing I love about these biscuits is that they only take 20 minutes or less start to finish. You really won't believe it until you make them yourself the first time.
While your biscuits are cooking you'll want to get your scrambled eggs and bacon ready. It's nice because everything is ready about the same time which is nice. Cut your biscuits into portions and top with your eggs and Havarti Cheese. Put your dish under the broiler and it comes out melty and ready to have the bacon added!
When you're ready to make your very own Havarti Cheese Breakfast Biscuit Stacks make sure to take advantage of the $1.00 off any Arla Dofino product offer HERE. Simply click on the “offer” section and follow the steps to redeem.
Havarti Cheese Breakfast Biscuit Stacks
Love this recipe? Give it a 5 Star Rating
- 2 cups bisquick
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup clear lemon lime soda
- ¼ cup melted butter (divided)
- 2 slices Arla Dofino Havarti Cheese Slices (chopped + a few more slices if you want to top each serving with melted cheese)
- 6 eggs
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 450°
- In a large mixing bowl add your 2 cups of bisquick and ½ cup sour cream. Stir well and then add in 2 slices of chopped Havarti Cheese and mix together.
- Add ½ cup of lemon lime soda and mix one last time.
- Melt ¼ cup butter. Pour ¾ of it into the bottom of an 8x11 baking dish and reserve the rest for the top of the biscuits.
- On a floured baking sheet press out your biscuit mixture into the same shape as your baking dish. Pick it up and place on top of the butter in your dish. Pour the reserved butter on the top of your mixture.
- Place your biscuits in the oven and bake for about 12-14 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
- While your biscuits are cooking combine your eggs, 2 tablespoons sour cream, salt and pepper and use a hand mixer to mix together (using a hand mixer gives your eggs a lighter texture). Cook your eggs over medium-low heat until done.
- Cook and crumble your bacon.
- Cut your biscuits into 6 - 8 servings depending on how big you want them. Put onto a larger serving platter and top with scrambled eggs. Top with ½ slices of Arla Dofino Havarti Cheese and place under the broiler.
- Once the cheese is melted and bubbly remove from the oven and top with your crumbled bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!