Have you ever had breakfast for dinner? Don’t ask me why, but my kids love having pancakes for dinner. I suppose it’s the novelty of the unexpected. And they love pancakes.
Actually, I agree with them and I think a great batch of pancakes is satisfying on lots of occasions. I especially think these fluffy buttermilk pancakes are star players on a pancake bar for all those upcoming summertime baby showers. I know my shower guests loved them.
Have you ever used the bar concept for party food? It’s a super idea.
When you plan a food or drink bar, the instinct is to offer every option under the sun, which can be overwhelming and expensive. Nobody said you had to have everything!
Try these tips for planning a pancake bar:
- Choose a simple pancake recipe. As you make them, place them on a tray in a 100 degree oven to keep warm until serving. If you have a bread proof option on your oven, that will work great! And by the way, pancakes don’t have to be perfectly round. They just have to taste great. Buttermilk. All. The. Way.
- For toppings: choose just a couple fruits; one sweet (such as white or milk chocolate pieces); and one savory (such as nuts).
- Pick two spreads; perhaps a nut butter and regular butter.
- Syrup and whipped cream are all you need to top off those bad boys.
Those are more than enough options for your guests to be able to create a satisfying number of combinations. Perhaps include Canadian bacon, which I think is easier to prepare for a crowd than regular bacon.
And for sure have a great pot of coffee brewing. I also made iced coffee to include with our pancake bar and received rave reviews! I recommend the new Braun BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker. It looks good, it’s easy to use and it produces delicious coffee.
Wonderful recipes and good food are musts for any party and the right kitchen equipment makes all the difference in a meal that comes together quickly, easily and without problems. Trying to make something special without quality appliances makes hard work out of what should be a fun labor of love.
After much research and testing, this month Braun is reintroducing its kitchen collection of products in North America. That means updated design, powerful performance and high quality.
What I especially like about the Braun line is their intuitive design. Their products work logically. For example, the display features you use most are set up left to right, the same way we’re used to reading.
Now for making those pancakes.
The new Braun Pure Mix Countertop Blender is a whiz (five speeds!) and makes quick work of mixing the fluffy pancakes everyone craves. I used the Braun Multiquick 7 Hand Blender for whipping my cream—so slick! It’s compact, powerful, and very comfortable to use.
Even if you aren’t hosting a baby shower, I can guarantee your family will get excited about a pancake bar for breakfast, brunch or dinner!
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- In the blender, add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Pulse on Mix 2-3 times.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. Add half of the dry ingredients to the blender and pulse on Mix 2-3 times. Add the second half of batter and pulse 2-3 times.
- Pour in melted butter and pulse until the batter is mixed well. Do not overmix batter.
- On a griddle on medium low, pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Once bubbles start to form on top, flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes until cooked all the way through.
Easy Iced Coffee Recipe
- 24 ounces cold water
- 16 tablespoons of coffee
- Brew according to Braun BrewSense directions.
- Add 24 ounces of cold water after the coffee is done brewing.
- Serve over ice with favorite sweetener and milk. I used raw sugar and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- This made about 8 cups of iced coffee for me, but of course it depends on what size mug you’re using.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
We won't sell or give away your information to anyone, for any reason. Unsubscribe at any time.