Last updated on
Table of Contents
Hi everyone! Hi, my name is Kristin and I blog over at Dizzy Busy and Hungry! My blog is all about easy, healthy, and family-friendly food and how to fit it all in to today's busy schedules. I am excited to be here today as a new contributor on The Best Blog Recipes. Many thanks to Shauna for having me! Today I will share my quick and tasty recipe for Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas.
This recipe was inspired by the age-old problem, how to use up overripe bananas. No matter how hard I try to buy a good number of bananas for my family, I can never seem to get it right. If one week I don't have enough, I try to buy a few more the next week, but then it seems I have too many! Luckily there are lots of yummy things you can do with overripe bananas. Banana bread is really the first thing that comes to mind, but sometimes that is a little more trouble than I have the energy or time to tackle. This recipe is so quick and easy, and it is perfect for a special breakfast or even an afternoon snack! I like to serve it with cherry yogurt and some V8 Fusion juice for a nice breakfast that energizes the kids and gives them a great start to the day!
Pan Fried Cinnamon Bananas
- 2 slightly overripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons sugar you can substitute granulated Splenda, if you like
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Olive oil spray
- Slice the bananas into rounds, approximately ⅓ inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray. Warm over medium heat.
- Add the banana rounds and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- During the last minute of cooking on the first side, sprinkle about ½ of the cinnamon mixture over the banana rounds.
- Flip the rounds, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon mixture, and cook about 2-3 more minutes, until the bananas are soft and warmed through.
There it is, a quick and delicious way to use your overripe bananas and give your kids a great snack at the same time! I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and I would love for you to come visit me over at Dizzy Busy and Hungry!
Enjoy and have a wonderful day!