Table of Contents
Who doesn’t love the smell of freshly baked bread? It’s even better when it’s strawberry bread. Warm strawberry bread, filled with juicy strawberries, and drizzled with a sweet vanilla glaze is absolutely delicious.
Super moist strawberry bread is an easy quick bread recipe that is cozy with bursts of juicy strawberries in each bite.
With just the right amount of sweetness, you can eat fresh strawberry bread with a dab of butter and a cup of coffee or breakfast or serve it with some whipped cream as a sweet treat. You might even top it with creme fraîche and enjoy it with some tea.
Strawberry bread is the perfect way to use fresh ripe strawberries and is perfect for making any time of the year. Wrapped quick bread makes a beautiful gift for friends and family.
Strawberry Bread Ingredients
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract or almond extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Heavy cream or milk
Bright red strawberries, cut into small pieces and tossed in flour, ensures an even distribution of strawberries throughout the bread. Be gentle as you’re folding the strawberries into the batter to prevent crushing the berries.
The strawberry vanilla glaze on top of the quick bread sweetens every bite. Make sure to allow the bread to cool completely before spreading the glaze on top, otherwise, the glaze will melt off the top of the bread.
Juicy strawberries pair perfectly with tangy lemon. Add a bit of lemon zest or some lemon juice to your batter and bake up a bright, tart, and sweet loaf.
How to Make Strawberry Bread
FIRST STEP: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
SECOND STEP: In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla.
THIRD STEP: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
FOURTH STEP: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
FIFTH STEP: In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries and the 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the strawberries.
SIXTH STEP: Fold the floured strawberries gently into the batter.
SEVENTH STEP: Pour the bread batter into a greased 9″x5″ bread pan.
EIGHTH STEP: Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes on the middle rack of your oven. A toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should come out clean.
NINTH STEP: Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
TENTH STEP: To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries, milk and extract in a small bowl. Mix until it is smooth.
ELEVENTH STEP: Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread. Slice and serve.
Remember to coast the strawberries with flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
Be careful not to over mix the batter. Do your best to mix the wet and dry ingredients just until they are combined. Then gently fold in the strawberries to minimize crushing the fruit.
Try not to open the oven too much while baking or the bread could sink in the middle.
Allow the bread to cool completely and place the loaf on a wire rack before spreading the glaze on top. The wire rack will prevent any excess glaze from pooling around the bottom of the bread.
Storing this Recipe
ON THE COUNTER: Store leftover bread in a resealable plastic bag or an airtight container on the counter for 2 to 3 days.
IN THE FRIDGE: Leftover strawberry bread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
IN THE FREEZER: This quick bread freezes easily. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
For the Bread
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup strawberries finely diced
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries and the 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the strawberries.Pro Tip: Coating the strawberries in flour will help keep them suspended in the bread while baking, so you will have a nice distribution throughout.
- Fold the floured strawberries gently into the batter.Pro Tip: Be very gentle folding in the strawberries to minimize streaking in the bread or crushing the berries.
- Pour the bread batter into a greased 9″x5″ bread pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes on the middle rack of your oven. A toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should come out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries, milk and extract in a small bowl. Mix until it is smooth.
- Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread. Slice and serve.Pro Tip: Make sure to let cool fully before glazing.Pro Tip: Place bread on a wire rack before pouring the glaze on top so that any excess glaze will run through the rack rather than leaving a puddle around your bread.