I can think of a few good reasons to go into your kitchen right now and make these delicious little treats….
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3 ripe large bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line your muffin tin with paper liners. You can also butter the muffin tin if you don't want to use paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine your sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla extract and bananas. Use a hand mixer to incorporate all ingredients until well mixed and no lumps remain.
- Fold your wet mixture into dry mixture until no white flour remains. Be careful not to over stir the batter or it will yield tough rubbery bread.
- Scoop muffin batter into paper liners, filling a little over halfway full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the muffin comes out clean.Let the muffins cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
These muffins are great for breakfast, lunch and dinner so be careful! They can be highly addicting, especially when served warm with a pad of butter, yum!