Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
I love Pinterest! It makes life so easy when your looking for a new recipe! I won’t actually tell you how long each day I spend on Pinterest because you’d probably think I was crazy. It’s totally for the blog you guys 😉 I like to call it “recipe research”. My job makes me hungry and I’m learning not to recipe search late at night because I see some of the yummiest and most delicious things that I can’t wait to try! That’s what happened to me last week with these Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. I saw a Pin from Kimber over at The Pinning Mama for her 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Tacos and you’d think I was pregnant or something because I had to restrain myself from going into the kitchen and putting them in the slow cooker at like 11 o’clock at night.
If I had to describe these Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos in 3 words I’d probably say that they were 1) EASY 2) CREAMY 3) G00000d! We will definitely be making them again soon!
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
- 8- oz of "whipped" cream cheese it's in with the regular cream cheese in a plastic container
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped really good/fine
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- shredded Colby jack cheese
- Place your chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Add your Rotel tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, cilantro and stir well. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours, or until your chicken will easily shred with 2 forks.
- Remove your chicken and shred into chunks. Return back to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Add your cream cheese and lime juice and cover and let sit while you're cooking your onion so your cream cheese can soften and melt.
- Cook your chopped onion over medium heat in butter until it is soft and translucent (about 4-5 mins).
- Add your onion to your slow cooker and stir everything together.
- Serve with warmed flour or corn tortillas and top with shredded Colby jack cheese.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE: WE’D LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOU LIKED IT IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. WE SEARCH SOCIAL MEDIA A FEW TIMES A MONTH FOR THE HASHTAG #THEBESTBLOGRECIPES SO MAKE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND USE THE HASHTAG WHEN LOADING IT ONTO YOUR INSTAGRAM, FB, G+, PINTEREST AND TWITTER AND WE’LL STOP BY AND SAY HI AND CHECK IT OUT!