Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
I love Pinterest! It makes life so easy when your looking for a new recipe! I won’t actually tell you how long each day I spend on Pinterest because you’d probably think I was crazy. It’s totally for the blog you guys 😉 I like to call it “recipe research”. My job makes me hungry and I’m learning not to recipe search late at night because I see some of the yummiest and most delicious things that I can’t wait to try! That’s what happened to me last week with these Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. I saw a Pin from Kimber over at The Pinning Mama for her 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Tacos and you’d think I was pregnant or something because I had to restrain myself from going into the kitchen and putting them in the slow cooker at like 11 o’clock at night.
If I had to describe these Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos in 3 words I’d probably say that they were 1) EASY 2) CREAMY 3) G00000d! We will definitely be making them again soon!
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
- 8- oz of "whipped" cream cheese, it's in with the regular cream cheese in a plastic container
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped really good/fine
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- shredded Colby jack cheese
- Place your chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Add your Rotel tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, cilantro and stir well. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours, or until your chicken will easily shred with 2 forks.
- Remove your chicken and shred into chunks. Return back to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Add your cream cheese and lime juice and cover and let sit while you're cooking your onion so your cream cheese can soften and melt.
- Cook your chopped onion over medium heat in butter until it is soft and translucent (about 4-5 mins).
- Add your onion to your slow cooker and stir everything together.
- Serve with warmed flour or corn tortillas and top with shredded Colby jack cheese.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE: WE’D LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOU LIKED IT IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. WE SEARCH SOCIAL MEDIA A FEW TIMES A MONTH FOR THE HASHTAG #THEBESTBLOGRECIPES SO MAKE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND USE THE HASHTAG WHEN LOADING IT ONTO YOUR INSTAGRAM, FB, G+, PINTEREST AND TWITTER AND WE’LL STOP BY AND SAY HI AND CHECK IT OUT!
COPYRIGHT Q&A: WE LOVE THAT YOU LOVE OUR POSTS! WE ASK THAT IF YOU ARE A BLOGGER OR WEBSITE OWNER AND WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE THAT YOU MAKE THE RECIPE, TAKE YOUR OWN PHOTOGRAPHS AND WRITE THE BLOG POST AND BAKING INSTRUCTIONS IN YOUR OWN WORDS. YOU MAY USE OUR PICTURE WITH A DIRECT LINK BACK TO THIS BLOG POST AS LONG AS THE INGREDIENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT INCLUDED WITHIN YOUR BLOG POST (RECIPE ROUND UPS ARE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE). SO IT’S YOUR CHOICE… OUR PICTURE WITH A LINK BACK TO THIS BLOG POST FOR THE INGREDIENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS OR YOUR PICTURE AND YOUR OWN WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS. THANKS!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
We won't sell or give away your information to anyone, for any reason. Unsubscribe at any time.