Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Easy Hawaiian Haystacks is an old fashioned recipe that makes the perfect weeknight dinner for busy families.
The combination of rotisserie chicken, rice, cream of chicken soup, green onions, Frenches fried onions, along with a side of pineapple makes this a traditional family recipe that is budget friendly and delicious.
This dinner recipe is perfect to serve when you don’t have a ton of time to make dinner. Using white minute rice to speeds this recipe along so it’s ready in under 30 Minutes or Less!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE EASY HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS
With easy ingredients you’ll be amazed to see just how basic and easy this old fashioned chicken and rice recipe is to make. It’s comfort food at it’s finest.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- rotisserie chicken, shredded or cut into cubes
- cream of chicken soup
- whole milk
- green onions, chopped
- white rice, cooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- pineapple chunks, drained and chilled
- Frenches Fried Onions
INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS AND ADDITIONS
MEAT: This recipe calls for shredded or chopped rotisserie chicken. If you don’t feel like running to the store to pick up a rotisserie you can easily swap out Costco canned chicken instead.
CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP: While cream of chicken is the favorite for this recipe, you could swap it out for cream of mushroom, cream of celery, or even cheese soup.
RICE: White Rice, Brown Rice, or even your favorite mashed potatoes would work good when serving.
HOW TO MAKE THIS HAWAIIAN HAYSTACK RECIPE
FIRST STEP: In a large skillet over medium heat add cream of chicken soup, shredded rotisserie chicken, and milk. Use a whisk to combine. Let cook stirring often until the middle is simmering.
SECOND STEP: On each serving plate add rice and top with chicken soup mixture.
THIRD STEP: Sprinkle green onions and Frenches Fried Onions over the top of the soup mixture. Serve with a side of chilled pineapple.
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken shredded or cut into cubes
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 can pineapple chunks drained and chilled
- 1 cup Frenches Fried Onions
- In a large skillet over medium heat add cream of chicken soup, shredded rotisserie chicken, and milk. Use a whisk to combine. Let cook stirring often until the middle is simmering.
- On each serving plate add rice and top with chicken soup mixture.
- Sprinkle green onions and Frenches Fried Onions over the top of the soup mixture. Serve with a side of chilled pineapple.