Last updated on
Table of Contents
This Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole has cheesy layers of seasoned meat, cream of chicken soup, and Nacho Cheese Doritos combine with noodles in the most amazing way to make the ultimate comfort food casserole that everyone will love.
You will love that this cheesy chicken pasta casserole recipe is simple to make. It only takes about 10 minutes of hands-on prep, plus 25 minutes to bake—a real bonus to busy households.
One thing I like to do when making this recipe is use a rotisserie chicken. Between work, my boys, and housework – my time is usually really limited.
The last thing I want to do it stand in the kitchen and make a dinner recipe that takes forever to make.
My second go to option is my Instant Pot. I can easily throw chicken a pressure cooker and it’s done before I know it.
DORITOS CHEESY CHICKEN CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Wide Egg Noodles
- Garlic Salt
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Mild Rotel Tomatoes
- Mexican Style Cheese or Velveeta Cheese
- Nacho Cheese Doritos
If you don’t want to use a rotisserie chicken, you can cook your own chicken in a skillet. Either cut up the chicken into cubes and cook with some seasonings, or cook the whole breast then cut it up.
Velveeta cheese is absolutely heavenly in this recipe. It’s already creamy and cheesy, but adding Velveeta cheese will really take it to the next level and make it irresistibly delicious.
Personally, I prefer egg noodles in this recipe. If you don’t like egg noodles or don’t have them on hand, any type of pasta will do! Try using rotini, penne, or even fettuccini noodles for this recipe!
No matter how you serve it, this Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole is sure to be a hit amongst adults and kids alike.
HOW TO MAKE DORITOS CHEESY CHICKEN CASSEROLE
FIRST STEP: Cook egg noodles per package directions, drain
SECOND STEP: In a large mixing bowl combine egg noodles, cooked chicken, chives, garlic salt, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, Rotel Tomatoes, and corn. Stir until everything is well mixed.
THIRD STEP: Place ½ of the chicken mixture in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle ½ of the cheese over the chicken mixture. Place the rest of the chicken mixture on top of the cheese and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and cover with tin foil.
FOURTH STEP: Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
FIFTH STEP: Remove the tin foil and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
SIXTH STEP: Remove from oven and sprinkle the crushed Doritos over the top of the casserole.
You can make this recipe with beef or even without meat. Customize it however you like. Try adding additional seasonings or mixing in different types of cheese too!
If you don’t have both cream of chicken and cream of mushroom on hand, you can use two cans of the same type, but it may change the flavor ever so slightly.
Try making this with Cool Ranch Doritos instead of Nacho Cheese Doritos and add some peas and carrots as well!
STORING THIS RECIPE
IN THE FRIDGE: Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
IN THE FREEZER: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Doritos Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole
- 3 cups cooked chicken *rotisserie has a great flavor and is easy to use in this recipe!
- 1/2 of a 12oz bag of egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel Mild Tomatoes
- 1 can of corn drained
- 2 – 2.5 cups Mexican shredded cheese divided
- 1 bag of nacho cheese Doritos crushed
- Cook your egg noodles per package directions, drain
- In a large mixing bowl combine your egg noodles, cooked chicken, chives, garlic salt, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, Rotel Tomatoes, and corn.
- Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Place ½ of the chicken mixture in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle ½ of your cheese over the chicken mixture.
- Place the rest of the chicken mixture on top of the cheese and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and cover with tin foil.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the crushed Doritos over the top of the casserole.
- Serve and enjoy.