These Slow Cooker Mexican Spiced Almonds are a fun way to jazz up plain almonds. They’re healthier than processed “snacks” and have just the right amount of spice on them that even your kids will enjoy!
I love snacks. I especially love chips and anything that is crunchy and seasoned. That’s why I’m having such a hard time of this weight loss journey because I’m missing my crunchy (unhealthy) super seasoned snack “things”. I’ve been trying to replace all of the unhealthy things that I was eating with healthier options and I’m down 25 pounds so far, but it hasn’t been easy. About midway through my day I start to get cravings and then I pretty much can’t function until I eat something.
I am a food addict and have the hardest time, especially when I’m looking at food all day long you guys.
That’s why I decided to jazz up my regular plain almonds so that it helped get me through the day. Don’t get me wrong, plain almonds are ok (not really, I really can’t stand them, blah!) they just aren’t my thing. So I started thinking about what my “thing” was and decided to turn my almonds into something ahh-mazing! I went with a Mexican Spiced Almond blend and it turned out good. Now I can pop a few almonds throughout the day so I’m not stuck in a food brain fog all day long!
Slow Cooker Mexican Spiced Almonds
- 2 cups plain almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon mexican chipotle chili powder or regular chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry ranch mix we used hidden valley ranch dry dressing mix
- Add your oil to the slow cooker.
- Add your almonds and stir well.
- Add your seasonings, stirring in-between each seasoning.
- Stir well and then give your crock pot a "shake" to even out the layer of almonds so they are evenly distributed.
- Turn your slow cooker to high and cook uncovered for two hours, stirring at the one hour mark.
- Seal in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE: WE’D LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOU LIKED IT IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. WE SEARCH SOCIAL MEDIA A FEW TIMES A MONTH FOR THE HASHTAG #THEBESTBLOGRECIPES SO MAKE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND USE THE HASHTAG WHEN LOADING IT ONTO YOUR INSTAGRAM, FB, G+, PINTEREST AND TWITTER AND WE’LL STOP BY AND SAY HI AND CHECK IT OUT!