I have a confession to make.... I've been holding on to this recipe for quite some time. When I made it and was getting ready to take photo's, one of my Tilapia filets fell off of my fork and broke in half when I tried to move it from the baking dish onto my plate. Needless to say, I wasn't happy with how my picture turned out. A whole lotta pasta and one lonely filet. I might have pouted a little.
But, since we're moving and I haven't had a lot of time to cook this past week I went through my recipes and photo's that were waiting for a home on The Best Blog Recipes and thought if I just put really big words you might not notice my mound of pasta.... hope it worked, lol!
I was really happy at how this recipe turned out when we made it! My daughter doesn't like fish and I got "the look" when I served up her dish. She ended up loving this recipe and she even said that she wouldn't mind if I made it again! Score!
Baked Tilapia Parmesan
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- Mix together your Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dried parsley, ground black pepper, garlic salt, onion powder & celery salt.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place Tilapia filets on your baking sheet and top with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until it’s a light golden brown and the fish flakes with a fork.
When I originally found this Tilapia Parmesan recipe over at Musings Of A Housewife I noticed that it called for dried Basil. Since I didn't have any in the house I substituted dried parsley flakes and it still turned out to be delicious!
Here are some other recipes that you might enjoy: