Recently we were at a friends house for dinner and she had made Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs for us. I’m not surprised that we all loved it and went back for seconds (and we might have even had small thirds, wink-wink)! My daughter raved about it for a couple of days after we had it and you’d think that I never cooked anything yummy for her by the way she went on and on about it, lol!
So naturally I called my friend and asked for the recipe so I could share it with you guys here on The Best Blog Recipes. I had to laugh when we were going over the ingredient list…. a bunch of different spices, onions, soy sauce, MY CHOICE OF MEAT??? What? I thought it was a “Short Rib” recipe!?! Nope…. this is an interchangeable recipe and you can use a couple of different cuts of meat, depending on what you have in the house that day.
So my meat of choice was Brisket for this recipe. I love how I can cook it in the slow cooker and not have a ton of fat to skim off like I do with a chuck roast or actual short ribs, but feel free to use whichever you like and have in the freezer 🙂
Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger dry, ground... in the spice aisle
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds beef short ribs brisket or chuck roast
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1. Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, red wine vinegar, fresh minced ginger, minced garlic, water, red pepper, ground ginger, and black pepper in your slow cooker.
- 2. Add your meat and green onions and spoon sauce over the top.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat easily shreds with a fork.
- 4. Return meat to slow cooker and stir well to coat the meat in sauce mixture.
- 5. Serve and enjoy!
Other recipes you might enjoy while you’re here today: