I'm what you'd call an impulse buyer. Sometimes I see things on sale and I have no idea what I'm going to make... I just know that it's a good deal and I'm sure I'll use it at some point. Right? That's what happened to me with this spice cake mix. I bought it and it's just been sitting in my pantry forever. I knew I needed it just didn't know why until I made this Caramel Apple Spice Cake Crisp. Oh my goodness was it good. Since I've been trying to watch what I eat I had to really make myself be good because I seriously could have eaten this whole thing no problem.
It was so insanely simple to make. I cut up an apple and put it in my slow cooker (not hard). Poured some caramel over my apples (super easy). Mixed some sugar and soft butter with my box of spice cake mix and poured it over my caramel apples. That was it. I was done. I turned on that bad boy and 2 ½ hours later our dessert was ready.
I scooped it out and got it all ready on my plate so I could take some pictures for you guys. I went to the freezer to grab the ice cream and it was GONE!. My hubby ate all of it and didn't tell me. I was out of whipped cream too so it didn't get topped with anything. I was so bummed until I sat down to enjoy a piece for myself. It was seriously good even without ice cream. It tasted like fall if that makes any sense.
Caramel Apple Spice Cake Crisp
- 3 large apples sliced (you can take the skins off if you'd like... I left ours on)
- ½ cup of Caramel Sauce we found ours in the ice cream aisle in the grocery store
- ½ stick of butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 box of spice cake
- Cooking Spray
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with your cooking spray.
- Place your apples on the bottom of the slow cooker and drizzle the caramel sauce over them.
- In a large bowl mix your spice cake mix, sugar and melted butter until crumbly.
- Spoon the crumbly mixture over the top of your apples
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Remove the cover and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Grab your ice cream because you're ready to eat some Caramel Apple Spice Cake Crisp goodness!
- Serve and enjoy!
Here are a few other recipes that you might enjoy today: