Since this blog is all about the best recipes to be found in blogsphere, I think it’s a safe assumption that we’re all interested in (passionate about?) programming like you see on the Food Network. That’s why I thought you’d also be excited about the Chopped at Home Challenge and a chance to win $5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge. There’s a $10,000 grand prize!
You can see what I’ve done with the round theme of grilling and the secret basket ingredients of pork tenderloin, cherry/grape tomatoes, broccoli and Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar. Chipotle BBQ pork tacos with cilantro lime broccoli slaw are delicious, if I do say so myself!
The trendy chipotle flavor is a great addition to summer grilling. It gives a welcome kick to an already favorite dish and the rich cheese and tangy slaw really up the experience.
Sargento® Shredded Cheese is presenting this Chopped at Home Challenge. Their 30 varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts are always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese.
I appreciate the convenience of the Sargento shredded cheese and their reasonable prices (3.25 – 3.95 ounces for a suggested retail price of $2.69 each), but it’s the full flavor that keeps me coming back.
Try my recipe and/or submit your own to FoodNetwork.com/ChoppedChallenge. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite, too.
Entry phase for this contest runs until 5PM on 8/1/16. Vote between 8/1 (at 5:01PM) through8/22/16 (at 5PM).
GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
- 2 pork tenderloins
- BBQ sauce
- 2 t coarse sea salt
- 1 t fresh cracked pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- Mix seasonings together and generously season both pork tenderloins.
- Place on a preheated grill and sear each side. On the other side of the grill, place a baking sheet covered in foil. Once the tenderloins have been seared, move them to the sheet pan and reduce that side of the grill to low and the opposite side of the grill to medium. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 145.
- Spread BBQ sauce onto both tenderloins. Turn off the grill and let tenderloins set with the lid down for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove tenderloins from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Shred the pork for serving.
CILANTRO LIME BROCCOLI SLAW
- 3 bunches of broccoli
- 1 red pepper
- ¼ red onion
- 3 T chopped cilantro
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 T honey
- juice from 1 lime
- zest from half a lime
- 1 grated clove of garlic
- Cut each bunch of broccoli into fourths (to better fit in a food processor). Cut off half the florets (or all if you don’t want any in your slaw—I used half). Process each bunch of broccoli using the large grater attachment.
- Thinly julienne the red pepper and cut each piece in half.
- Slice the red onion paper thin, and then cut each slice in half.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, lime zest and juice, and garlic. Toss the dressing with the broccoli, red pepper, cilantro and red onion.
Place a stone in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees. Place 5-6 tortillas on the stone and cook for a minute on each side. Serve:
On each corn tortilla, sprinkle a generous amount of cheese, broccoli slaw and shredded pork.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.