Last updated on
Table of Contents
Cool and creamy, this no-bake chocolate cherry pie is bursting with tart cherries and chocolate chips. Rich cream cheese, whipped cream, and cherry filling are set on top of a chocolatey crust to make an utterly irresistible no-bake treat.
You can't go wrong with the combination of cherry and chocolate flavors in this easy chocolate cherry pie! It only takes 5 minutes to put together this luscious no-bake pie. In fact, the hardest part will be waiting for it to chill in the fridge.
No-bake pies are popular during the summer since you don’t have to turn on the oven, but they are also great for the holidays because you can make them ahead of time. Enjoy your chocolate cherry pie with a scoop of ice cream or a mug of creamy homemade hot chocolate.
Friends and family will adore this decadent pie with its rich chocolate crust that pairs perfectly with the creamy cherry filling. You may find yourself making this chocolate cherry pie for every occasion, from holiday parties to an easy weekend dessert.
Chocolate Cherry Pie Ingredients
- Pie crust - chocolate pie crust
- Cream cheese
- Sugar - powdered sugar
- Pie filling - cherry pie filling
- Cool Whip
- Chocolate chips - semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Maraschino cherries - for optional decoration
Purchasing a 16-ounce tub of Cool Whip will give you enough for the pie and the topping. You will need 8 ounces for the pie itself and then can use the remaining Cool Whip to pipe swirls on top of the pie for decoration, as shown. You can also slice the pie and serve it with a dollop of whipped topping.
You can also make your own topping to garnish the pie using heavy cream and powdered sugar. Whip 1 cup of heavy cream with a few tablespoons of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Use this whipped cream for piping or topping the pie.
Before starting the pie, Make sure the cream cheese is softened and the Cool Whip is completely thawed. This way the ingredients will combine smoothly and you don’t end up with lumps in the pie.
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Pie
FIRST STEP: In a medium mixing bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and creamy.
SECOND STEP: Use a spatula to stir in the cherry pie filling, and then fold in the Cool Whip.
THIRD STEP: Fold in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
FOURTH STEP: Spread the filling into the chocolate pie crust.
FIFTH STEP: Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours to set the pie. Top with dollops or piped swirls of Cool Whip and the remaining mini chocolate chips. Add maraschino cherries to the decoration or serve alongside.
Can I make this dessert ahead of time?
This pie is perfect for making ahead of time! It needs to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving it. It can also be frozen, well-wrapped, for up to a month.
Can I use a different type of crust for this recipe?
If you don’t want to use a chocolate crust you could also use Nilla wafers or a graham cracker crust for this easy dessert.
What’s the best way to transport this pie?
Place your crust in the foil pie pan inside a glass pie plate for added stability when transporting it to and from the fridge.
How to Store Chocolate Cherry Pie
IN THE FRIDGE: text
Store leftover chocolate cherry pie in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. If the pre-made pie crust comes with a plastic insert, flip it over and use it to cover your leftover pie.
IN THE FREEZER: This dreamy pie can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month. Defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
Chocolate Cherry Pie
Love this recipe? Give it a 5 Star Rating
- 9 inch chocolate pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 21 ounce can of cherry pie filling
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (plus more for topping the pie)
- 1½ cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (divided)
- Maraschino cherries (for optional decoration)
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and creamy.
- Use a spatula to stir in the cherry pie filling, and then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Fold in 1 cup of mini chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Spread the filling into the chocolate pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours to set the pie. Top with dollops or piped swirls of Cool Whip and the remaining mini chocolate chips. Add maraschino cherries to the decoration or serve alongside.