The holidays are in full swing at my house. We're doing all the baking, all the Christmas movies and all the decorating. I'm soaking up every wonderful second of my favorite season of the year.
One of the best parts for me is creating delicious treats to enjoy with family and friends. I love trying new recipes as well as digging up old favorites and keeping those traditions alive. There are certain recipes we only make during the holiday season and I look forward to them every year!
This Chocolate Layer Squares recipe comes from my friend Stephanie's step mom. After trying them once, I know they will become a regular in the holiday baking rotation -- they're that good.
They're also perfect with a cup of coffee. I love me some good coffee. I drink a copious amount of coffee each day and I love experimenting with new flavor combinations with my coffee as well.
That's one thing I love about this De’Longhi Dedica DeLuxe that I recently received. I used almond milk to create the recipe I'm going to share with you today.
The milk frother on the De'Longhi works great even on non-dairy beverages -- so it's great for those that prefer non-dairy or have dietry restrictions.
I recently received a De’Longhi Dedica DeLuxe and Dedica Grinder which makes my coffee experience that much better. De'Longhi has a commitment to creating innovative and easy to use kitchen appliances with excellence.
I also love that now through December 20th, De'Longhi is having the Days of Giving. They've partnered with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a national non-profit organization dedicated to funding research for safer, more effective treatments for pediatric cancer, the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S.
For the first time. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer has launched a Challenge Gift Campaign where all of the money raised from now to December 31st will be MATCHED, dollar for dollar, up to $250,000.
To date, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer has granted nearly $15 million to research for new, less toxic therapies for the 40,000 kids who are battling cancer every single day.
To give back this holiday season, De’Longhi will donate 10% of its delonghi.us sales site-wide to non-profit pediatric cancer organization, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
You can help by sending cookies this holiday season, hosting an event, or simply donating. To learn more visit cookiesforkidscancer.org and Be a Good Cookie!
Chocolate Almond Latte
- 12 ounces unsweetened vanilla
- 1 shot of espresso (add two if you like strong coffee)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons + more for drizzle chocolate syrup
- Brew the espresso according to the directions for your espresso maker.
- Pour into the bottom of a 16 ounce mug and stir in 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup and almond extract.
- Steam 12 ounces almond milk and pour into the espresso. Drizzle with more chocolate.
WATCH OUR STEP-BY-STEP VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE THESE CHOCOLATE LAYER SQUARES[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="tnzYZBlu" upload-date="2018-05-01T00:08:25.000Z" name="Chocolate Layer Squares" description="This Chocolate Layer Squares recipe comes from my friend Stephanie’s step mom. After trying them once, I know they will become a regular in the holiday baking rotation — they’re that good. "]
Chocolate Layer Squares
- 1-8 ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups of flour
- In a medium size sauce pan, add the cream cheese, milk and chocolate. Place over medium heat and stir until chocolate and cream cheese have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond extract and walnuts.
- In a large mixing bowl (or stand mixer), combined the butter, eggs, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter in until it forms sand-like crumbles or turn on your stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment until it crumbles.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and press half of the crust into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the chocolate filling over the top of the crust and then add the rest of the crumbles on top.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely or chill before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De'Longhi Group. The opinions and text are all mine.