Last updated on
Table of Contents
Enjoy this Vodka Cranberry cocktail recipe - perfect for parties, cozy nights at home, and during the holidays! It's an easy to make adult drink combining vodka, cranberry juice, and a squeeze of lime, garnished with fresh cranberries and a lime twist.
Making a Vodka Cranberry is super simple, and it's a popular classic for a good reason: it has an unbeatable taste.
The cranberry juice cocktail adds just enough sweetness, balanced with the right touch of tartness. Adding lime really enhances the drink, creating a fantastic flavor combination that we adore.
Ingredients for a Vodka Cranberry
Each part of our vodka cranberry cocktail is important. The vodka mixes well with the cranberry juice, giving a nice balance. The cranberry juice adds a tangy taste and bright color.
A wedge and a squeeze of lime bring a zesty, fresh twist, making the drink's flavor even better.
Ingredients You’ll need:
- ICE: 1 cup
- VODKA: 1½ ounces, chilled
- CRANBERRY JUICE: ½ cup, chilled
- LIME: 1 Lime cut into twists or a wedge shape
- GARNISH: Fresh cranberries on a cocktail skewer
Frequently Asked Questions
What brand of Vodka should I use?
Although any brand of vodka will work, opting for a high-quality one such as Tito’s is advised for a smoother flavor.
Can I use bottled lime juice instead of a fresh lime wedge?
While bottled lime juice is an acceptable substitute, using a fresh lime wedge is the preferred choice.
Can I use cranberry juice cocktail instead of 100% cranberry juice?
If you enjoy a sweeter cocktail, opting for a cranberry juice cocktail is a good alternative.
Can I use flavored vodka in this recipe?
Certainly, using flavored vodka can introduce exciting new twists to this traditional cocktail.
Is it possible to create a non-alcoholic variant of this cocktail?
Certainly, just leave out the vodka and add more cranberry juice for a delightful, alcohol-free beverage.
What else can I use to garnish this cocktail?
You can use frozen cranberries or a twist of orange peel as substitute garnishes.
Is it possible to prepare a big batch of this vodka cranberry cocktail for a gathering?
Definitely! The ingredients can be increased proportionally to prepare a pitcher of vodka cranberry, ideal for parties.
How to make a Vodka Cranberry
To make the ideal vodka cranberry drink, it's key to get the balance and method just right. Here's how to achieve that:
FIRST STEP: Add the ice, chilled vodka, and cranberry juice to a lowball cocktail glass that has at least a 12-ounce capacity. Gently stir to combine.
SECOND STEP: Garnish the glass with a lime wedge and optional fresh cranberries.
THIRD STEP: Before drinking, squeeze the juice of the lime wedge into the cocktail.
Tips for the best cocktail
Want a tasty cocktail that's easy to make? Here's your guide! Follow these tips to make it perfect:
- Chilled Vodka and Juice: Even if your vodka isn't chilled, your cocktail will still be delicious. Using chilled vodka allows you to use less ice, preventing your drink from becoming diluted as the ice melts.
- Use the right sized glass: To check if your glass is suitable for this recipe, try filling it with one cup of ice followed by three-quarters of a cup (six ounces) of water. If the glass can comfortably accommodate both the ice and water, it's ideal for this drink. In case your glass is slightly smaller, simply reduce the amount of ice to make sure there's enough room for all the vodka and cranberry juice.
- Can't Find Fresh Cranberries: While you can skip the optional fresh cranberry garnish, it's recommended to include the lime wedge and a squeeze of lime juice when serving.
Storing this Recipe
We’ve got a few helpful storage tips for this easy drink recipe.
MAKE AHEAD: This easy cocktail can be prepared in advance. Just mix the vodka and cranberry juice and keep it chilled in the fridge. When you're ready to serve, just add ice and any garnishes you like.
IN THE FRIDGE: If you end up with extra vodka cranberry, you can store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just make sure to keep it in a sealed container to keep it fresh.
IN THE FREEZER: It's not a good idea to freeze the cocktail itself, but you can freeze cranberries and use them as ice cubes. This way, they'll cool your drink without watering it down.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Quick & Easy: Our vodka cranberry recipe is wonderfully easy, perfect for both newbies and cocktail lovers. With just a handful of ingredients and simple instructions, anyone can make this refreshing drink.
Delicious Flavor: Mixing cold vodka with 100% cranberry juice creates a perfect sweet and tart balance, resulting in a flavor that's simply irresistible.
Fresh Fruit: Putting a lime wedge in the drink brings a fresh zest to every sip, enhancing the whole experience of enjoying the drink.
To add a fun element, serve this cocktail at a gathering and provide different fruit garnishes such as orange slices, lemon wedges, or mint leaves. This lets your guests personalize their drinks to their taste.
More Recipes You'll Love
Love this recipe? Give it a 5 Star Rating
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ½ ounces vodka (chilled)
- ½ cup 100% cranberry juice (chilled)
- 1 lime wedge
- fresh cranberries
- cocktail skewer
- Add the ice, chilled vodka, and cranberry juice in a lowball cocktail glass (at least 12-ounce capacity). Gently stir to combine.
- Garnish the glass with a lime wedge and optional fresh cranberries.
- Before drinking, squeeze the juice of the lime wedge into the cocktail. Enjoy!
- Even if your vodka isn't chilled, your cocktail will still be delicious. Chilling the vodka beforehand means you can use less ice, which prevents the drink from getting diluted as the ice melts.
- To check if your glass is the right size for this recipe, try this: Fill it with one cup of ice, then pour in three-quarters of a cup (6 ounces) of water. If the glass can hold both the ice and water, it's suitable for this drink. If the glass is smaller, simply use less ice to make sure it can hold all the vodka and cranberry juice.
- You can skip the fresh cranberries garnish if you want, but it's recommended to use the lime wedge and a squeeze of lime juice when serving.