This Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole has cheesy layers of seasoned meat, cream of chicken soup, and Nacho Cheese Doritos combine with noodles in the most amazing way to make the ultimate comfort food casserole that everyone will love. You will love that this cheesy chicken pasta casserole recipe is simple to make.
It only takes about 10 minutes of hands-on prep, plus 25 minutes to bake—a real bonus to busy households.
READER FAVORITE RECIPES:
Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole
One thing I like to do when making this recipe is use a rotisserie chicken. Between work, my boys, and housework - my time is usually really limited.
The last thing I want to do it stand in the kitchen and make a dinner recipe that takes forever to make.
WATCH THIS STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE VIDEO:
My second go to option is my Instant Pot. I can easily throw chicken a pressure cooker and it's done before I know it.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS EASY DORITOS CHEESY CHICKEN CASSEROLE?
When making this recipe I tried to use easy ingredients that I have in the pantry. Because easy is always better if you ask me.
Here is the complete ingredient list for this recipe:
- rotisserie chicken, shredded
- wide egg noodles
- chives, dried
- garlic salt
- cream of mushroom soup
- cream of chicken soup
- mild Rotel tomatoes
- canned corn, drained
- shredded mexican style cheese, or use Velveeta cheese
- Nacho Cheese Doritos chips, crushed
EASY INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
- You can cook your own chicken in the skillet with a little bit of salt and pepper. Once it is cooked through and starting to brown cut it into cubes.
- If you love creamy cheesy deliciousness then you could try Velveeta cheese. I know it's not a favorite for everyone, and that's okay. Personally love it and love how it makes everything super cheesy.
- While I prefer egg noodles in this recipe, you can easily switch it out for penne, rotini, or large elbow macaroni.
However you serve it, this Oven Baked Cheesy Chicken Casserole is DELICIOUS!
HOW TO MAKE THIS DORITOS CHEESY CHICKEN PASTA CASSEROLE
FIRST STEP: Cook egg noodles per package directions, drain
SECOND STEP: In a large mixing bowl combine egg noodles, cooked chicken, chives, garlic salt, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, Rotel Tomatoes, and corn. Stir until everything is well mixed.
THIRD STEP: Place ½ of the chicken mixture in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle ½ of the cheese over the chicken mixture. Place the rest of the chicken mixture on top of the cheese and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and cover with tin foil.
FOURTH STEP: Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
FIFTH STEP: Remove the tin foil and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
SIXTH STEP: Remove from oven and sprinkle the crushed Doritos over the top of the casserole.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES:
Doritos Cheesy Chicken Pasta Casserole
- 3 cups cooked chicken *rotisserie has a great flavor and is easy to use in this recipe!
- ½ of a 12oz bag of egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel Mild Tomatoes
- 1 can of corn drained
- 2 - 2.5 cups Mexican shredded cheese divided
- 1 bag of nacho cheese Doritos crushed
- Cook your egg noodles per package directions, drain
- In a large mixing bowl combine your egg noodles, cooked chicken, chives, garlic salt, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, Rotel Tomatoes, and corn.
- Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Place ½ of the chicken mixture in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle ½ of your cheese over the chicken mixture.
- Place the rest of the chicken mixture on top of the cheese and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and cover with tin foil.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the crushed Doritos over the top of the casserole.
- Serve and enjoy.