Easy, Cheesy, Delicious Homemade Mexican Spaghetti Recipe
Yes, you read that right! Mexican Spaghetti. We combine food, flavors and cultures all the time, so why not Mexican and Italian?
It may sound non-traditional, but it tastes fantastic.
It’s basically everything you love about both Mexican food and Italian food. It has the spicy, fiery heat and flavor of Mexican food and the warm, rich Italian style comfort food with a robust tomato sauce coupled with that classic Italian favorite, spaghetti.
Forget about baking a boring casserole for the hundredth time! This fun, fresh recipe will be a hit with everyone around the dinner table.
The best thing is, you’ll have most of the ingredients on hand if you’re like most of us who often celebrate Taco Tuesday. (Viva los tacos!)
Even if you don’t celebrate this sacred holiday, some of these ingredients have a decent shelf life, so you can buy them and stock them for when you need a last minute dinner idea.
Trust me, once you try it, it will become one of your favorite whip up in no time meals.
Mexican Spaghetti Ingredients
Right so, let’s talk about what you’re gonna need for this recipe.
As I’ve already mentioned, you’ll be needing: Mexican style tomato soup plus a bunch of other Mexican/ Italian staples you might already have on your shelves.
You’ll need some protein, I like to use ground hamburger meat but you can also use chicken if you prefer. This recipe also calls for a can of pinto beans, which is a great source of protein all by itself so you can easily take out the meat when you want to cook vegetarian.
Now, let’s talk about the holy trinity for both Mexican and Italian food… the garlic, the yellow onion and the fire roasted tomatoes. (Okay, so maybe not the holy trinity, but it’s pretty close.)
You’ll also want some garlic powder, a can of corn, shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar but go with what you feel!), an avocado, green onion, your favorite salsa and of course… spaghetti.
Did you think I was gonna forget to mention the spaghetti? 🙂
Okay, let’s get cooking.
How to Make Mexican Spaghetti
This dish is one of the easiest recipes to make and is super quick as well! In under 30 minutes, you and your family should be enjoying a wonderful meal that is muy bueno.
Get out your large skillets and large pots, this recipe makes enough for a family of 4 (more if you have little ones).
First, get some water boiling and cook your spaghetti according to the package directions (just like Mama used to make). Drain when ready and set aside.
Now it’s time to make that rich, tomato sauce.
How to Make Mexican Spaghetti Sauce:
In your large skillet, brown your ground beef (or chicken!) over medium heat. Drain off any extra grease, then add your onion, garlic and garlic powder. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is nice and soft.
Add your fire roasted tomatoes, pinto beans, corn, Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking: Mexican Style Tomato Soup, and ½ a cup of your favorite salsa. Stir well and let it cook until it starts simmering.
Combine your sauce and your drained spaghetti and mix well.
Finally, dish out your fiesta feast onto a plate or bowl then add your avocado chunks and green onion. Sprinkle with some shredded cheese and place under a broiler for about 1 minute to achieve that cheesy, melty goodness! Add a dollop of sour cream (if desired) and you’re done.
Serve immediately, because your family should already be gathered around the table waiting in anticipation!
Bon appetit, or as they say in Italy: Buon appetito!
Easy Mexican Spaghetti
- 1/2 pound ground hamburger
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 of a 17.6 oz package of spaghetti
- 1/4 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup of canned pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of canned corn drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 container of Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking: Mexican Style Tomato it's a pourable, ready-to-use soup
- shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite kind will work
- avocado cut into chunks
- green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa we used the Organic Kirkland Brand from Costco
- In a large pot cook your spaghetti per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown your hamburger over medium heat and crumble as you go.
- Once the hamburger is browner drain off any extra grease and add your onion, garlic and garlic powder to the mix. Stir well and cook about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Add your fire roasted tomatoes, pinto beans, corn, Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking: Mexican Style Tomato Soup, and 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa. Stir well and let cook until simmering.
- Add your hamburger mix to your drained spaghetti noodles and stir well.
- Put your spaghetti into bowls or onto a plate and add your avocado chunks & green onion. Sprinkle with your favorite shredded cheese and place under the broiler for about 1 minute so that the cheese is all melty and good!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERS
We won't sell or give away your information to anyone, for any reason. Unsubscribe at any time.