Last updated on
Table of Contents
Hearty, comforting, and loaded with flavor, keto chili features meat, peppers, spices, and tomatoes. This easy keto chili recipe, made without beans, takes just 5 minutes of prep time.
Keto Chili With No Beans
Perfect for the fall season, no bean keto chili is bound to become a favorite recipe the whole family will devour. Impress family and guests with this flavorful chili that takes very little prep work.
Ready in less than an hour, keto chili is perfect for warming you up on cold days. Bring your no bean chili to your next potluck or serve it to guests at a game day party.
Served your no beans chili with a traditional side dish like cornbread, or a more keto-friendly recipe like a broccoli cauliflower salad. You could also top your chili with crumbled bacon, avocado, shredded cheese, or sour cream.
Keto Chili Ingredients
- Ground beef
- Ground hot Italian sausage
- Bell pepper - diced
- Celery - chopped
- Onion - diced
- Garlic - minced
- Jalapeno - diced and de-seeded to taste
- Tomatoes - can crushed tomatoes
- Tomatoes - can diced tomatoes
- Vegetable broth - sodium-free
- Chili seasoning
- Bacon - slices
- Bacon - for garnish
- Cheese - shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Most types of beans, particularly those used in chilis such as kidney beans, pinto beans, and black beans, are avoided on a standard keto diet because of their high carb content. To make this chili keto-friendly, the main change is leaving out the beans and adding extra meat and cheese instead.
Watch out for added sugar in some store-bought vegetable broths. Instead, look for a sodium-free broth that generally doesn’t have this added sugar, or try using beef bullion. The recipe calls for both ground beef and ground sausage, but any other ground meat could be used as a substitute including ground chicken, ground pork, or ground turkey.
Make your chili spicier, or more mild, by adding more jalapeño or leaving it out altogether. In addition to personalizing the spice level, chili is an excellent recipe for adding in additional ingredients. Cauliflower makes a keto-friendly addition to your chili, and you could even use the finely diced cauliflower from the produce section.
How to Make Keto Chili
FIRST STEP: In a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until very crispy. Roughly chop bacon and set it aside.
SECOND STEP: Cook together ground beef, Italian sausage, bell pepper, celery, onion, garlic, and jalapeno until cooked through. Drain grease from the meat and vegetable mixture.
THIRD STEP: Once drained, add in diced and crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, chili seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix well and bring chili to a boil.
FOURTH STEP: Once boiling, simmer for 20-30 minutes.
FIFTH STEP: Once ready to serve, stir in bacon and, one handful at a time, cheese until fully incorporated. Garnish with crumbled bacon, avocado, cheese, and sour cream.
What toppings can I put on my keto chili?
Before serving, top your keto chili with crumbled bacon, avocado, cheese, or sour cream.
Can I make keto chili in the slow-cooker?
After pan-frying all of the ingredients, through the third step of the recipe, simply move the cooked ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for four hours.
Can I add extra vegetables to my chili?
You can easily add extra vegetables like cauliflower to your chili. In addition, you can increase the spice by adding more jalapeño.
How to Store Keto Chili
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover keto chili in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Reheat your chili on the stovetop or in the crockpot.
IN THE FREEZER: To freeze chili, let it cool and then divide it between freezer bags. Store in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Love this recipe? Give it a 5 Star Rating
- ground beef 1 lbs
- ground hot italian sausage 1 lbs
- green bell pepper diced 1
- staks celery chopped 2
- onion diced 1
- cloves garlic 1
- jalapeno diced and de-seed to taste 3
- can crushed tomatoes (15.5 oz) 1
- diced tomatoes (15.5 oz) 1
- vegetable broth sodium free 2 cups
- chili seasoning ( about 2-3 tbs) ½ packet
- bacon 4 slices
- bacon for garnish 1 slice
- cheese 1½ cups
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon until very crispy. Roughly chop bacon and set it aside.
- Cook together ground beef, Italian sausage, bell pepper, celery, onion, garlic, and jalapeno until cooked through. Drain grease from the meat and vegetable mixture.
- Once drained, add in diced and crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, chili seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix well and bring chili to a boil.
- Once boiling, simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Once ready to serve, stir in bacon and, one handful at a time, cheese until fully incorporated. Garnish with crumbled bacon, avocado, cheese, and sour cream.