Table of Contents
This Homemade Oreo Milkshake recipe calls for Oreo cookies, vanilla ice cream, whole milk, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and an ice cold frosty glass. It's the perfect sweet treat for Oreo Lovers on a hot summer day.
Kids and adults alike will fall in love with this easy to make (better than McDonalds) thick Oreo milkshake recipe.
Make your own cookies and cream shake with this Oreo milkshake dessert recipe. You’re only a few ingredients and a push of a blender button away from this frozen sweet treat.
This recipe uses your choice of vanilla ice cream, but you could substitute Cookies and Cream ice cream or use chocolate ice cream for a double chocolate Oreo milkshake.
Milkshakes are a fun dessert to not only to eat, but to serve and share too. Reduce the recipe in half if you are treating yourself, or double it for friends!
Oreo Milkshake Ingredients
- vanilla ice cream
- whole milk
- Oreo cookies
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
Don't forget to chill a couple of glasses in advance to achieve the iconic frosted glass effect. Add whipped cream and chocolate syrup, maybe even a maraschino cherry for garnish.
Use hot fudge for a thick chocolate coating on the inside of the glass. Swap in a lower fat milk or even frozen yogurt to reduce calories.
How to Make Oreo Milkshake
FIRST STEP: Place two tall milkshake glasses in the freezer to chill while making the milkshakes.
SECOND STEP: Blend together ice cream, milk, and 10 Oreo cookies.
THIRD STEP: Drizzle chocolate syrup on the inside of each chilled glass and/or along the rim.
FOURTH STEP: Divide milkshake mixture between the two glasses.
FIFTH STEP: Top with whipped cream, more chocolate syrup, crushed Oreos, and/or a whole Oreo.
SIXTH STEP: Serve immediately.
#1 Recipe Tip: Less milk will also make a thicker milkshake.
#2 Recipe Tip: Two cups of ice cream are half of a standard half-gallon container.
#3 Recipe Tip: You can add 1 cup of ice to the ingredients for added thickness and also to cut the richness a little.
Storing this Recipe
This recipe is best if you drink it immediately. Putting it back into the freezer will completely freeze this milkshake and you will be unable to drink it from a straw. But hey, you could always grab a spoon and enjoy it that way too!
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 10 oreo cookies plus several more for garnish
- chocolate syrup for garnish
- whipped cream for garnish
- Place two tall milkshake glasses in the freezer to chill while making the milkshakes.TIP: If you want to chill a glass quickly, fill the glass with crushed ice and soda water while preparing your milkshake!
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on the inside of each chilled glass and/or along the rim.TIP: Use hot fudge sauce for a thicker drizzle on the inside of the glasses.
- Divide milkshake mixture between the two glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, more chocolate syrup, crushed Oreos, and/or a whole Oreo.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment