Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
This easy loaded Egg Salad Sandwich recipe is seriously the best. Cheddar cheese and cream cheese make it creamy, and the addition of bacon and chives provide a delicious crunch in every bite—perfect for a picnic with your family on a hot summer day!
This is hands-down my all time favorite egg salad sandwich recipe in the world. Cheddar, cream cheese, and bacon combine to create the most amazing sandwich that is quick to put together for lunch or an easy dinner.
I’ve had so many people tell me they made this egg salad recipe for their family and now they are not allowed to make any other version of the sandwich. It really is that good!
INGREDIENTS FOR MY FAVORITE EGG SALAD SANDWICH
While we are all have our favorite add-ins to create the ultimate egg salad recipe, this particular combination of ingredients makes this healthy boiled egg salad simply the best.
You will need:
- cooked bacon
- shredded cheddar
- cream cheese
- fresh cracked pepper
INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS & ADDITIONS
MAYONNAISE: Of course use your favorite brand of mayonnaise (miracle whip, or homemade) unless you’re just not a fan. Then my suggestion is substitute plain Greek yogurt.
AVOCADO: Slice, dice it, or mash it; avocado adds an amazing flavor to an egg salad sandwich.
BACON: Bacon makes everything better! Especially when it is crisp. However, it can be left out if you really insist!
RELISH: A couple of teaspoons of dill pickle relish adds magic to these sandwiches.
EGG SALAD WRAP: Substitute a flour tortilla (wheat or spelt) for croissants. Spring roll wrappers are awesome, too. Or go the veggie route: wrap the egg salad in romaine lettuce leaves, kale, or collard greens.
EGG WHITE SALAD: Don’t want to include the yolk? Simply make Egg White Salad instead. Might I suggest adding sliced black olives and avocado if you do? Yum!
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT EGG SALAD FOR SANDWICHES
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, mash together cream cheese, mayo, chives, salt, and pepper.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, use a pastry cutter to mash up eggs. Finely chop the bacon and add to eggs.
STEP THREE: Add shredded cheddar and cream cheese mixture to eggs and bacon. Mix together until everything is mixed really well and eggs are covered in cream cheese.
STEP FOUR: Serve on bread with spinach.
HOW LONG DO YOU BOIL EGGS FOR AN EGG SALAD SANDWICH?
Another important thing to keep in mind when building the best egg salad sandwich is how long do you boil eggs for egg salad? I have a couple of ideas to share with you below.
First is the method found here. I’ve used it successfully many times.
And then there’s this method that a friend recently shared with me. I think it might be an even better option because the shells peel off very easily and rarely do you lose any of the egg:
- Boil about a half-inch to an inch of water, whichever amount would barely come through your steamer insert.
- Place cold eggs from the fridge into a steamer insert and set the steamer in the boiling water.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes. I go with the greater time because I do not like soft yolks.
- Turn off the burner but let the pan and eggs set there for about 15 minutes.
- Plunge eggs into an ice bath.
- Crack the egg shells, easily peel, and proceed with your recipe.
STORING THIS RECIPE
In my opinion, completely cooled egg salad tastes the best. In a covered container (and without the bread, wraps, etc.,) egg salad can be kept in the fridge for about three days. If you can restrain yourself.
This creamy loaded Egg Salad Sandwich recipe is simply the best if you ask me. Cheddar and cream cheese make it super creamy, and the addition of bacon and chives provide a delicious crunch in every bite—perfect for a summer day or picnic!
Best Egg Salad Sandiwch
- 6 large eggs
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 croissants
- In a small bowl, mash together cream cheese, mayo, chives, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, use a pastry cutter to mash up eggs. Finely chop the bacon and add to eggs.
- Add shredded cheddar and cream cheese mixture to eggs and bacon. Mix together until everything is mixed really well and eggs are covered in cream cheese.
- Serve on bread with spinach.
WATCH THIS RECIPE VIDEO
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- 10 BEST Grilled Cheese Sandwiches – So Yummy!
- Secret Ingredient Fry Sauce
- Million Dollar Cream Cheese and Garlic Dip
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
We won't sell or give away your information to anyone, for any reason. Unsubscribe at any time.