Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
Better Than Anything Chocolate Cake is topped with sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, Cool Whip and crushed Heath bars for the perfect sweet treat!
You’ll start with baking a simple chocolate cake. Once it’s done baking you’ll use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in it.
Sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce are then poured over the top of the cake. Top it with Cool Whip and crushed Heath bars before being serving.
BETTER THAN SEX CAKE INGREDIENTS
- Devil’s Food Chocolate cake mix plus ingredients listed on the cake box
- Can sweetened condensed milk
- Jar caramel sauce
- Tub of Cool Whip
- 4 Heath bars
EASY INGREDIENT SUBSTITUTIONS
CAKE MIX: Try making this with a German chocolate cake mix instead of devil’s food. OR, when you mix the cake, only use two eggs and add a half-cup of whiskey.
SAUCE: Substitute hot fudge topping for the caramel sauce.
TOPPINGS: There are lots of sweet nothings that can be added to top things off: peanut butter cups, Butterfingers, Snickers, Oreos.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BETTER THAN SEX CAKE RECIPE
FIRST STEP: Make the cake according to the package directions for a 9×13 cake. When the cake is done baking use the round handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.
SECOND STEP: Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
THIRD STEP: Then pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out.
FOURTH STEP: Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours.
FIFTH STEP: Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped Heath bars.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU CALL THIS CAKE
I’ve heard this cake recipe called several things: Better Than Best Cake, Almost Better Than Sex Cake, Better Than Anything Cake, Better Than You Know What Cake.
Have you heard of Sex in a Pan? How about the Next Best Thing to Robert Redford dessert, Robert Redford Cake, or Better Than Robert Redford Cake.
No matter what it is called, this is not your ordinary chocolate cake. The rich, buttery caramel sauce adds to the moist texture of this recipe. Add the topping with whipping cream AND heath bar pieces. It’s heavenly!
Better Than Anything Chocolate Cake
- 1 box Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on box
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 16-ounce jar caramel sauce
- 1 8-ounce tub cool whip
- 4 heath bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 dish by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Make the cake according to the package directions for a 9×13 cake
- When the cake is done baking use the round handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Then pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours.
- Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped Heath bars.
WATCH THIS RECIPE VIDEO
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
We won't sell or give away your information to anyone, for any reason. Unsubscribe at any time.