Table of Contents
Creamy and refreshing, this sweet cocktail tastes like the popsicle you remember from your childhood. The classic orange and cream combination now with a kick makes a cool treat.
Relive your fondest summer memories while sipping on this easy-to-make Creamsicle Cocktail. With just five ingredients all you have to do is pour, stir, and sip to enjoy.
This delicious cocktail recipe will not only be a reminder of summer treats, but the orange and cream colors make it festive for fall get-togethers as well. Enjoy it as a cocktail or dessert, there isn’t a bad time to sip on this delicious drink recipe.
Simple and delicious, this is a perfect cocktail to share with friends. Just double, triple, or quadruple the recipe measurements depending on how many people you are serving. And while you’ve got friends over, you can always whip up an easy appetizer like homemade pretzel bites with cheddar sauce or cheesecake stuffed strawberries.
Boozy Creamsicle Float Ingredients
- Vanilla ice cream – 2 to 3 scoops, or enough to fill the glass to your liking
- Vanilla extract – to enhance the creamy vanilla flavor
- Triple Sec – or Grand Marnier
- Orange soda – 4-6 ounces
You can add any amount of ice cream you want to your boozy float, but 2 to 3 scoops provides a delicious creamy balance to the orange soda. The vanilla extract is optional for this cocktail, but it also enhances that classic creamsicle flavor.
When you add the orange soda, make sure you are using a sweetened soda, and not just orange sparkling water. You’ll also want to pour the soda slowly as it fizzes quite a bit when it’s poured over the ice cream. You can also pour some and then add more once the bubbles go down a bit.
Feel free to adjust the amount of liquor in your cocktail. Both triple sec and Grand Marnier have orange hints, but if you don’t want to use an orange liquor you can also just double the vodka. Make your float extra decadent by serving it with a scoop of whipped cream on top.
How to Make Boozy Creamsicle Float
FIRST STEP: Fill a tall glass with vanilla ice cream.
SECOND STEP: Add vanilla extract, vodka, and Triple Sec over the ice cream.
THIRD STEP: Carefully pour orange soda over the ice cream to fill the glass.
How do you serve this cocktail?
Serve your float with either a straw or a long spoon. You can garnish the rim with orange sugar sprinkles or orange slices, or top the whole drink with a scoop of whipped cream.
Can you freeze this drink?
This creamsicle cocktail can not frozen and won’t keep in the fridge as the ice cream will melt and the soda will go flat. For those reasons it should be made when you are ready to serve.
Can I use a different type of alcohol?
You can tailor the alcohol in this cocktail to your personal preferences. You could replace the vodka with rum or another type of alcohol, or omit the alcohol entirely if you are serving anyone who prefers non-alcoholic drinks.
How to Store Boozy Creamsicle Float
This sweet cocktail float should be served immediately with either a straw, a long spoon, or both.
Boozy Creamsicle Float
- 2 to 3 scoops vanilla ice cream about 1 cup or enough to fill the glass to your liking
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- 4 to 6 ounces orange soda
- Fill a tall glass with vanilla ice cream.
- Pro Tip: You can add any amount of ice cream, but the float looks great with at least a couple of scoops of ice cream in there.
- Add vanilla extract, vodka, and Triple Sec over the ice cream.
- Carefully pour orange soda over the ice cream to fill the glass.Pro Tip: The orange soda fizzes quite a bit when poured over the ice cream, so pour slowly and refill once the bubbles die down a bit.