Last updated on
Table of Contents
Enjoying a popsicle on a hot day isn’t just for kids, adults can enjoy popsicles flavored as their favorite cocktail drink. These Fireball Whiskey ice pops are made with just 2 ingredients, cream soda and Fireball whiskey.
It doesn’t get much simpler than these fun and refreshing cinnamon-flavored Fireball whisky popsicles. If you’re a fan of Fireball whisky, then you’re bound to enjoy these easy spiked ice pops that taste just like cinnamon buns.
The ideal way to cool down on a hot day, frozen cocktail popsicles make a great summer happy hour treat. While summer is the perfect time to break out these delicious cocktail popsicles, they are so easy to make you can enjoy them any time.
An ice pop that includes alcohol, these popsicles are strictly for the adults. Enjoy this boozy treat when you are enjoying a little time with friends.
Fireball Whisky Popsicles Ingredients
- Cream soda - we used the A&W brand
- Fireball whisky
- Popsicle plastic bags - FROZIP (8x2-inch) disposable popsicle plastic bags
- Freezer safe tray
- Small food-safe funnel - like the one that comes with the FROZIP popsicle bags
You can use any brand of cream soda for these alcoholic popsicles. As one of only two ingredients, we recommend using a brand you enjoy drinking.
If you do not want to purchase a full 2-liter bottle for this recipe, you can use two (16.9-ounce) bottles instead. You will have a little extra liquid, but that is not a problem because you can always fill one of the popsicle bags partially full. It will not affect the end results.
You want to have as few bubbles as possible, so try not to stir up the soda too vigorously. The easiest way to pour the liquid into the freezer bags is to sit it in a tall cup which will free both hands for holding the funnel and pouring.
How to Make Fireball Whisky Popsicles
FIRST STEP: In a large bowl with a pour spout, combine the cream soda and Fireball whisky. Stir gently to help settle the bubbles from the soda carbonation. You want as few bubbles as possible.
SECOND STEP: Insert the plastic funnel into the open end of one popsicle bag and slowly pour the cream soda and Fireball whisky combination to the fill line of the popsicle bag.
THIRD STEP: Seal the bag and lay it flat on the freezer-safe tray.
FOURTH STEP: Repeat with the remaining Fireball cinnamon roll liquid filling all the popsicle bags.
FIFTH STEP: Freeze for a minimum of 8 hours, but an overnight freeze is best.
Can I use a different type of soda in this popsicle recipe?
These homemade popsicles are customizable if you’d like to change the flavor of the soda. We tried making this adult ice pop recipe with traditional root beer, Dr Pepper cream soda, and also adding 2 (1½-ounce) shots of Rum Chata to the mix. These alternatives were tasty, but the straight cream soda version was our favorite.
Can I make these in popsicle molds instead of bags?
If you have a different type of ice pop mold, you can most definitely use them instead of disposable bags. If you use popsicle molds, or purchase a different brand of disposable popsicle bags, you may get extra or fewer popsicles from this recipe. I like the Frozip brand because it comes with the needed food-safe funnel to help easily fill the bags with liquids. You will get enough bags to make adult, or kid-friendly, popsicles all summer long.
How long will these ice pops last?
You can keep these boozy ice pops in the freezer for up to two months.
How to Store Fireball Whisky Popsicles
IN THE FREEZER: These Fireball whisky ice pops need to be kept frozen. You can store these Fireball cinnamon roll boozy popsicles in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Fireball Whisky Popsicles
Love this recipe? Give it a 5 Star Rating
- 4 cups cream soda (I used the A&W brand)
- ⅔ cup Fireball whisky
- 10 FROZIP (8x2-inch disposable popsicle plastic bags)
- Freezer-safe tray and a small food-safe funnel ((like the one that comes with the FROZIP popsicle bags))
- In a large bowl with a pour spout, combine the cream soda and Fireball whisky. Stir gently to help settle the bubbles from the soda carbonation. You want as few bubbles as possible.
- Insert the plastic funnel into the open end of one popsicle bag and slowly pour the cream soda and Fireball whisky combination to the fill line of the popsicle bag.
- Seal the bag and lay it flat on the freezer-safe tray.
- Repeat with the remaining Fireball cinnamon roll liquid filling all the popsicle bags.
- Freeze for a minimum of 8 hours, but an overnight freeze is best.