Last updated on
Table of Contents
Creamy and delicious, you won't be able to get enough of this no-bake dessert. Layers of Golden OREO crust, cream cheese, lemon pudding, and whipped cream come together for one fantastic lemon dessert.
Lusciously layered lemon lasagna. While trying to say that three times fast might be a tongue-twister, this no-bake dessert is bound to be a recipe you repeat over and over again.
Lemon lasagna goes by other names as well. You may have heard of Lemon Lush or Lemon Delight. All names for this cool layered treat. This dessert tastes like a combination of lemon cheesecake and lemon bars.
No-bake recipes are always a summer favorite, because who wants to turn on the oven when it's already hot outside. But a pan of Lemon Lasagna will be a crowd favorite whenever you serve it. In fact, no-bake desserts are great ways to save oven space during the holidays.
Lemon Lasagna Ingredients
- Golden Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese
- Cool whip
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Instant lemon pudding mix
- Lemons (optional)
Four layers of deliciousness are one reason this dessert is called a lemon lasagna. It starts with a crushed Golden OREO crust, which adds the perfect amount of crunch to the creamy layers of the dessert.
On top of the cookie crust are layers of sweetened cream cheese, lemon pudding, and whipped topping. You can top your finished dessert lasagna with lemons, reserved crushed OREOS, crushed walnuts, toasted coconut, slivered almonds, or even sliced strawberries.
Making this lemon recipe ahead of time will give the pudding extra time to set and cool. This will also give it a thicker consistency. Then just slice and serve this refreshing dessert.
How to Make Lemon Lasagna
FIRST STEP: Place whole golden Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside one cup of crushed Oreos for topping.
SECOND STEP: In a medium bowl, combine crushed golden Oreos with ½ cup melted butter.
THIRD STEP: Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Chill in the refrigerator.
FOURTH STEP: In a large mixing bowl mix softened cream cheese, 8 oz cool whip, one cup powdered sugar, and lemon juice from 1 lemon until smooth.
FIFTH STEP: Spread evenly over the cookie layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
SIXTH STEP: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 3 cups milk with both instant pudding flavors until pudding thickens.
SEVENTH STEP: Spread evenly over the cream cheese layer. Chill.
EIGHTH STEP: Top with remaining cool whip.
NINTH STEP: Chill for at least one hour before serving. Cover with remaining Oreo crumbs and lemon slices for garnish, if desired.
You can substitute Lemon OREOS for Golden OREOS if you want to up the lemon flavor. You could also do a shortcake crust or a graham cracker crust instead.
Be sure to leave the Oreo filling inside the Oreos when you crush them. This will help keep the crumbs together when you make your crust.
Make sure you use regular milk for the pudding. It will not set if you use dairy-free or lactose-free milk.
Storing this Recipe
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftovers with a lid or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 43 to 5 days.
IN THE FREEZER: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Thaw in the refrigerator before enjoying.
More Recipes You'll Love
- The Best No Bake Cheesecakes
- Cherry Cheesecake Lush
- Delight Dessert Recipes
- 4th of July Desserts
- Dessert Bar Recipes
- Lemon Poke Cake
- Lemon Desserts
- 7Up Cake
Love this recipe? Give it a 5 Star Rating
- 14.3 ounces golden Oreo cookies
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces cool whip (divided)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3.4 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- lemons (for optional garnish)
For the crust
- Place whole golden Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside one cup of crushed Oreos for topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed golden Oreos with ½ cup melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Chill in the refrigerator.
For the cream cheese layer
- In a large mixing bowl mix softened cream cheese, 8 oz cool whip, one cup powdered sugar, and lemon juice from 1 lemon until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cookie layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
- For the lemon layer
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 3 cups milk with both instant pudding flavors until pudding thickens.
- Spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Chill.
For the topping
- Top with remaining cool whip.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving. Cover with remaining Oreo crumbs and lemon slices for garnish, if desired.