This white pizza sauce recipe is the creamiest and most delicious substitute for a traditional marinara sauce. Plus, it makes for one heck of a tasty pizza!
Craving more pizza? We have your fix! Try this pizza spaghetti casserole, pepperoni pizza hamburger helper, pepperoni pizza dip, or one pot pizza pasta. And of course, this homemade pizza dough recipe is the best!
Roasted Garlic Chicken White Pizza Sauce
Pizza has got to be my all-time favorite food. You know when you ask that question, “What food could you not live without?” Pizza is my answer. Every time.
I especially love to make homemade pizza. Putting it together with my kids is always so much fun. We are able to prep all the ingredients together as a family and decorate our own pizzas with all of our favorite toppings.
Whenever we do a homemade family pizza night, I love to make a white pizza sauce to offer a different option to the traditional red sauce. My kids are huge fans, and as a white sauce kind of gal myself, I think I prefer it to the more common marinara sauce.
It’s always nice to switch things up, and the white sauce pairs so well with certain toppings that just don’t quite have the same complimentary taste with a red sauce.
I love to make a garlic, parmesan, chicken pizza! It’s seriously the best. Other common options for white pizza sauce in our house are a chicken Alfredo inspired pizza or a chicken bacon ranch style. YUM!
This sauce is super easy to whip together, and in no time you have an incredible homemade sauce.
Your kids will love getting creative with this new style sauce! The sky is the limit to what they can put on top!
WHAT IS WHITE PIZZA SAUCE?
White pizza sauce is just like white pasta sauce! Sometimes, people even use a classic Alfredo sauce!
It’s a great substitute for a traditional red pizza sauce. It pairs nicely with pizza toppings like chicken, vegetables (especially broccoli), or spices and herbs. It tends to pair well with some toppings that don’t pair great with a red sauce.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RED AND WHITE PIZZA?
There’s a big difference between a red pizza sauce and a white pizza sauce. Besides the fact that they are different colors, they also have a completely different flavor profile! Because of this, they tend to pair completely differently with certain toppings!
WHITE PIZZA SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 TBSP butter
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup of skim or 1% milk
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried/ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
HOW TO MAKE WHITE PIZZA SAUCE
First, you’ll need to combine your butter and roasted garlic in a medium saucepan. Cook these two together over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
Next, stir in the half & half and your milk and then whisk it all together. After, reduce the heat to medium-low.
Sift your flour over the milk mixture while whisking it together to prevent any lumps.
Finally add in ground black pepper, ground thyme, dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, and garlic salt. Whisk all of these ingredients together well.
Turn off the heat and add the parmesan cheese. Continue to stir it all together until the cheese is completely melted, and you’ve got the creamiest garlic and cheesy parmesan pizza sauce ever!
WHAT TOPPINGS GO WELL WITH WHITE PIZZA SAUCE?
You can’t go wrong when it comes to pizza toppings. Just about any toppings that go good on a regular red sauce pizza will also go great on a white sauced pizza! But, here are some of our favorite toppings to put on a white sauce pizza.
My son loves to make a chicken Alfredo inspired pizza. He starts off with the white sauce, adds chicken, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese. He devours this pizza. Another favorite in our house is a chicken bacon ranch pizza. Because of the creaminess and rich flavors of the white sauce, it acts as the ranch. Then, we add chicken, bacon, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses! It’s so tasty.
A veggie pizza is also amazing on white sauce. The garlic flavor goes great with any kind of vegetable. You truly can’t go wrong with any kind of topping on your white pizza sauce. The question is, what do you like on your pizza? It’s bound to be great on a white sauce.
HOW TO STORE WHITE PIZZA SAUCE
Storing this pizza sauce is so easy! If you have leftovers, you can even freeze it to use for next time you have homemade pizza. Be sure to make sure that the sauce is completely cooled before getting it ready to be stored. You can just leave it sitting out for a while.
Then, put it into a freezer safe zip lock bag, or a glass mason jar and place it in the freezer! This will keep the sauce good for three months. When you are ready to use the sauce, simply take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge the day before or morning of. Easy as that!
Get ready for a fun family pizza night! This white sauce is so delicious and takes pizza making to a whole new ballpark. You are going to love the new combinations. You might even love them so much, that you never go back to a traditional pizza again!
More Recipes to Love
- Taco Pizza Pie
- Sheet Pan Pizza
- Garden Veggie Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Bake
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Taco Pizza
- Supreme Pizza Sliders
I hope your family enjoys this delicious white pizza sauce recipe soon, we think it’s the best!
Roasted Garlic Chicken White Sauce Pizza
- 2 chicken breasts cooked, chopped & sprinkled w/ garlic salt
- 1 container refrigerated Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 garlic cloves roasted & minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim or 1% milk
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried/ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Chicken & Garlic Directions
- You can cook your chicken and garlic in the oven at the same time. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut your chicken breasts in half, place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic salt. Rip off a large sheet of foil and fold into a square box so that it is raised off of the baking sheet enough that any chicken juices will not reach your garlic. Place garlic on the foil and bake at 375° until the chicken juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Remove from the oven and chop the chicken into small bite sized strips. Peel the garlic and mince.
- For the Pizza Crust
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Spray your pizza baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the pillsbury pizza dough out to the desired thickness and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Sauce Directions
- While the pizza dough is in the oven, add butter and roasted garlic to a medium sauce pan. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir in your milk and half & half and whisk together. Reduce heat to medium-low. Sift flour over milk mixture while whisking together to prevent lumps. Add ground black pepper, ground thyme, dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley & garlic salt and whisk well. Turn off heat and add parmesan cheese. Stir together until all cheese is melted.
- Assemble Pizza
- Spoon your sauce onto half baked pizza crust.
- Top with chicken
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over entire pizza
- Sprinkle red onion evenly over mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon (or more) dried parsley on the very top of the pizza
- Final Baking Instructions
- Place entire pizza back in the oven for an additional 5-6 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 1-3 minutes, or until the cheese and crust reach your desired doneness!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Be Sure To Check Out More Delicious Recipes Ideas Here:
- Changes the flavor of Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts to a delicious vegetable that even those who refuse to eat greens won’t be able to get enough of!
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs is an easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes