Delicious Pizza Spaghetti Casserole will be a big hit with your entire family.
This easy Pizza Spaghetti Casserole recipe is absolutely the best! It combines two of my great loves: spaghetti and pizza into one baked casserole that will leave you begging for seconds. And thirds. And maybe even fourths. It’s that good.
I have three hungry guys in my house. They take after their mama: they love food. And they come equipped with great big appetites.
As such, I’m all about an easy recipe to serve my little troops. Not only is pizzetti yummy to eat, it’s fun to make and say, too! 😉
I’m proud to partner with Horizon Organic to bring you this yummy recipe idea!
What is pizzetti? A mozzarella cheese filled pizza spaghetti casserole recipe baked with pasta sauce, pepperoni and lots of love. It’s divine. Trust me. It will become a favorite for your family.
I also love that you can get creative with the ingredients to fit your family’s preferences. I’ll share some more ideas on that in a moment.
For me, cooking for someone who loves to eat is one of the most fun things a person can experience. It’s like a love language.
As a mom, I also love sharing delicious meals with my kiddos. Watching them try — and like — new recipes makes me so happy.
I knew this meal would be a huge hit at our house. Baked spaghetti with pepperoni is a winner no matter how you look at it. My boys gobbled it up!
Ingredients for Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
I love getting creative in the kitchen — and encouraging my boys join in the fun. Pizzetti combines some great flavors in one easy casserole dish meal.
- Spaghetti — noodles are cooked to al dente perfection and layered with all the other delicious ingredients create a substantial meal.
- Horizon Organic Mozzarella Cheese — a true staple in my house. I love it! It makes this recipe filled with ooey gooey goodness that will have you craving more.
- Spaghetti Sauce — a rich, hearty sauce makes this meal come alive.
- Pepperoni — definitely my go to pizza topping, so of course it makes an appearance in this recipe!
More Ingredients for Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
That’s my “classic” take on this recipe. BUT there are so many more options you can utilize to shake this recipe up. Try additional ingredients like….
- Peppers — our family can eat a jar of banana peppers a week (I’m not kidding) and we go through red, green and yellow bell peppers like it’s our job. Favorite pizza topping meet favorite spaghetti pizza recipe. Dreams do come true.
- Ground beef — kick up this casserole to an even bigger level of hearty by including a pound or two of ground beef.
- Sausage — the heat and flavor that a good sausage brings to the table is unmatched. Think of an extra meat pizza merging with your spaghetti pizza. Yum.
- Bacon — I’ll just leave that there. Nothing more needs to be said. Because bacon.
- Parmesan cheese — another ingredient we go through by the jarful at my house. My boys love adding Parmesan cheese to everything. Bake it inside this casserole recipe plus add it on top.
- Onions — I truly believe extra onions make the world a better place. My breath, not so much. But they make my belly happy, so breath sacrifices must be made.
- Olives — not just for martinis, a favorite pizza topping can make a special appearance in this casserole recipe.
- Mushrooms — skip the meat and use mushrooms instead! OR do both for a super tasty option.
- Penne or Rotini — substitute spaghetti noodles for penne or rotini for a different pizza pasta bake experience.
As I said, this spaghetti pizza casserole is very versatile and gives you limitless options to serve! You really cannot go wrong.
Another bonus: if you happen to have leftovers — which doesn’t always happen in our house (read: never) — it reheats beautifully!
How to Make a Baked Spaghetti Pizza Casserole
How do you make a delicious recipe even better? Use high quality ingredients. Like Horizon, a favorite in our family. Better food matters to Horizon and that’s important to me as well.
Growing kiddos need a balanced diet and I strive for our whole family to live a healthy lifestyle. Horizon helps me with that.
You can find Horizon at your local grocery store before you get started with this recipe to really take it up a notch.
So — back to the pizza spaghetti casserole. How does this deliciousness come to be? It’s oh so easy. You’ll love making it, especially if have little helpers in your kitchen.
You’ll start by boiling your spaghetti according to the package directions. Once it’s done, drain and set aside for a moment.
Grab your casserole dish and spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom.
Add a layer of mozzarella cheese over the spaghetti sauce. When I cook with mozzarella cheese, I live by the “one handful for the recipe, two handfuls for me” philosophy but you do you.
Next up, a layer of pepperoni over the mozzarella cheese. I also love to snack on those bad boys while I’m layering them on. It’s kind of a wonder that any of the ingredients make it into the dish and not just my mouth now that I’m thinking about it. 😉
Tip: layering the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni is a great place to utilize small helper hands. My kids love doing this part!
Then, layer some of those cooked spaghetti noodles in. Add more sauce and pepperoni and cheese until your casserole dish is full of yummy goodness.
If you choose to use different ingredient options, you’d use this same method to build your meal.
You’ll bake in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. We then turn on the broiler and let it cook for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese starts to brown… but be careful not to burn the pepperoni. We keep a close eye on it! Also another excellent little person job as they’re at oven window eye level and love to act as “look outs”.
Introduce your family to this tasty pizza spaghetti casserole recipe soon — they’ll thank you — and request it often!
Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
This Pizza Spaghetti Casserole is easy to make, comes together quickly, and will become a new family favorite recipe!
- 1 package spaghetti noodles 17.6 oz package
- 1.5 jars spaghetti sauce 24 oz jars
- 2 cups Horizon Organic mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni
Boil noodles for amount of time specified on package directions. Drain and set aside.
Cover the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish with a light layer of sauce.
Add your noodles, then a light layer of cheese, then a layer of pepperoni and repeat until the dish is full.
Place in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. We then turn on the broiler and let it cook for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese starts to brown… but be careful not to burn the pepperoni. We keep a close eye on it!
Blot the top of the pepperoni and cheese with a napkin to soak up any excess grease.
Serve and enjoy!
Head on over and check out The Best Pinwheel Recipes today too! Both kids and adults will love all of the different ways you can make an easy Pinwheel for Lunch or Dinner!