Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
This easy Pizza Spaghetti Casserole recipe (aka: Pizzetti) combines two great loves: spaghetti and pizza into one baked casserole that will leave you begging for seconds.
I have three hungry guys in my house. They take after their mama: they love food. And they come equipped with great big appetites.
As such, I’m all about an easy recipe to serve my little troops. Not only is pizzetti yummy to eat, it’s fun to make and say, too! 😉
I’m proud to partner with Horizon Organic to bring you this yummy recipe idea!
Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
What is pizzetti? A mozzarella cheese filled pizza spaghetti casserole recipe baked with pasta sauce, pepperoni and lots of love. It’s divine. Trust me. It will become a favorite for your family.
I also love that you can get creative with the ingredients to fit your family’s preferences. I’ll share some more ideas on that in a moment.
For me, cooking for someone who loves to eat is one of the most fun things a person can experience. It’s like a love language.
I knew this meal would be a huge hit at our house. Baked spaghetti with pepperoni is a winner no matter how you look at it. My boys gobbled it up!
Ingredients for Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
I love getting creative in the kitchen — and encouraging my boys join in the fun. Pizzetti combines some great flavors in one easy casserole dish meal.
- Spaghetti — noodles are cooked to al dente perfection and layered with all the other delicious ingredients create a substantial meal.
- Horizon Organic Mozzarella Cheese — a true staple in my house. I love it! It makes this recipe filled with ooey gooey goodness that will have you craving more.
- Spaghetti Sauce — a rich, hearty sauce makes this meal come alive.
- Pepperoni — definitely my go to pizza topping, so of course it makes an appearance in this recipe!
More Ingredients for Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
That’s my “classic” take on this recipe. BUT there are so many more options you can utilize to shake this recipe up. Try additional ingredients like….
- Ground beef — kick up this casserole to an even bigger level of hearty by including a pound or two of ground beef.
- Sausage — the heat and flavor that a good sausage brings to the table is unmatched. Think of an extra meat pizza merging with your spaghetti pizza. Yum.
- Parmesan cheese — another ingredient we go through by the jarful at my house. My boys love adding Parmesan cheese to everything. Bake it inside this casserole recipe plus add it on top.
- Olives — not just for martinis, a favorite pizza topping can make a special appearance in this casserole recipe.
- Penne or Rotini — substitute spaghetti noodles for penne or rotini for a different pizza pasta bake experience.
How to Make a Baked Spaghetti Pizza Casserole
How do you make a delicious recipe even better? Use high quality ingredients. Like Horizon, a favorite in our family. Better food matters to Horizon and that’s important to me as well.
Growing kiddos need a balanced diet and I strive for our whole family to live a healthy lifestyle. Horizon helps me with that.
You can find Horizon at your local grocery store before you get started with this recipe to really take it up a notch.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE
It’s oh so easy. You’ll love making it, especially if have little helpers in your kitchen.
You’ll start by boiling your spaghetti according to the package directions. Once it’s done, drain and set aside for a moment.
Grab your casserole dish and spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom.
Add a layer of mozzarella cheese over the spaghetti sauce. When I cook with mozzarella cheese, I live by the “one handful for the recipe, two handfuls for me” philosophy but you do you.
Next up, a layer of pepperoni over the mozzarella cheese. I also love to snack on those bad boys while I’m layering them on. It’s kind of a wonder that any of the ingredients make it into the dish and not just my mouth now that I’m thinking about it. 😉
Tip: layering the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni is a great place to utilize small helper hands. My kids love doing this part!
Then, layer some of those cooked spaghetti noodles in. Add more sauce and pepperoni and cheese until your casserole dish is full of yummy goodness.
You’ll bake in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. We then turn on the broiler and let it cook for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese starts to brown… but be careful not to burn the pepperoni. We keep a close eye on it! Also another excellent little person job as they’re at oven window eye level and love to act as “look outs”.
Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 package spaghetti noodles, 17.6 oz package
- 1.5 jars spaghetti sauce, 24 oz jars
- 2 cups Horizon Organic mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni
- Boil noodles for amount of time specified on package directions. Drain and set aside.Cover the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish with a light layer of sauce.Add your noodles, then a light layer of cheese, then a layer of pepperoni and repeat until the dish is full. Place in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. We then turn on the broiler and let it cook for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese starts to brown… but be careful not to burn the pepperoni. We keep a close eye on it!Blot the top of the pepperoni and cheese with a napkin to soak up any excess grease.Serve and enjoy!
WATCH THIS RECIPE VIDEO
MORE DINNER RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY TODAY:
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Funeral Potatoes (aka: Cheesy Potato Casserole)
- Doritos Cheesy Chicken Casserole