Last updated on
Table of Contents
Creamy cherry fluff is a perfectly sweet no-bake dessert recipe. It couldn’t be any easier to make this tasty twist on a traditional cherry pie made with juicy cherries, pineapple, mini marshmallows, and fluffy whipped cream.
Pretty and pink, cherry fluff is an easy dump-and-go dish that will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. This vintage dessert is another spin on the classic Ambrosia Salad.
Super easy to make, you may also hear this dessert called cherry chiffon, pink fluff, or cherry fluff salad. So light and fluffy, cherry fluff is the perfect dessert to serve at parties or take to potlucks. You could even serve it as a side dish for a special occasion.
Serve this fun, gorgeous dessert in a trifle bowl to show off the lovely pink color. The beautiful color makes it ideal for Christmas or Valentine’s Day, but it’s great to serve at a BBQ or picnic as well. Pair it with a glass of southern sweet tea.
Cherry Fluff Ingredients
- Cherry pie filling
- Crushed pineapple - thoroughly drained
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped topping - thawed
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Marshmallows - mini-marshmallows
- Pecans - finely chopped pecans
- Maraschino cherries - with stems attached, as an optional garnish
Although it’s called Cherry Fluff, any berry pie filling can be substituted for the cherry pie filling. Try using the same recipe but with strawberry or blueberry pie filling for a different taste. Of course, if you use a different berry you won’t get the same pink color for your finished dessert.
For a thicker dessert, you could mix in cream cheese with the Cool Whip. You could also use homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip in this easy fruit salad dessert.
Stir all the ingredients together carefully as you don’t want to break apart the fruit pieces. For the best results make sure to chill your cherry pie fluff for at least 2 hours. This allows all of the yummy flavors to blend together.
How to Make Cherry Fluff
FIRST STEP: Using a large mixing bowl, add the cherry pie filling and the drained crushed pineapple.
SECOND STEP: Using a small mixing bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and almond extract.
THIRD STEP: Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cherry pie filling and the crushed pineapple.
FOURTH STEP: Add the thawed whipped topping and stir to combine completely.
FIFTH STEP: Fold in the 2½ cups mini-marshmallows and chopped pecans. Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
SIXTH STEP: Just before serving, evenly sprinkle the ¼ cup mini-marshmallows and the maraschino cherries.
Can I use a different pie filling?
Yes, any berry pie filling can be substituted for the cherry pie filling.
Can I use walnuts instead of pecans?
Any nut can be substituted for the pecans in this cherry fluff recipe.
How long does this dessert need to chill?
For the best results, make sure you give your cherry pie fluff at least 2 hours of chilling time. You can also make the fluff up to 2 days ahead of time.
How to Store Cherry Fluff
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover cherry fluff in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
MAKE-AHEAD: Cherry fluff is a great make-ahead dish. You can make the dessert salad up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- 1 can cherry pie filling, 21-ounce
- 1 can crushed pineapple, 20-ounce, thoroughly drained
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14-ounce
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping , thawed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2¾ cup mini-marshmallows, divided , (2 ½ cup and ¼ cup for garnish)
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 4-6 maraschino cherries with stems attached , (optional garnish)
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the cherry pie filling and the drained crushed pineapple.
- Using a small mixing bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture over the cherry pie filling and the crushed pineapple.
- Add the thawed whipped topping and stir to combine completely.
- Fold in the 2½ cups mini-marshmallows and chopped pecans. Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, evenly sprinkle the ¼ cup mini-marshmallows and the maraschino cherries.