Christmas Hot Chocolate
Table of Contents
The most wonderful season of all is getting even more jolly with this Christmas Hot Chocolate made just for adults. Rich and creamy, this Christmas Hot Chocolate features the addition of Irish cream, gingerbread, and whiskey to create the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season.
MORE RECIPES: Spiked Hot Chocolate | Frozen Hot Chocolate | Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte
This year get into the Christmas spirit with some spirits. Christmas hot chocolate is the perfect mix of festive and indulgent. No matter the weather, nothing beats a mug of creamy hot chocolate with a little something extra, namely some whiskey and Irish cream.
Everyone loves hot chocolate, but this adult version is chocolatey and boozy. This irresistible spiked hot cocoa is perfect for parties and get-togethers with friends and family.
Get ready to relax by the fire with this rich and creamy hot drink. We bet it’s even Santa-approved! Add a plate of Christmas cookies to add to the festive atmosphere.
Christmas Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Ice cream - vanilla ice cream
- Gingerbread flavored syrup - for hot and cold drinks, I used the Torani brand
- Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Milk - whole milk
- Packet salted caramel hot cocoa mix - I used Swiss Miss brand
- Whipped cream - optional garnish
- Gingerbread men - optional garnish
The use of specialty individual hot cocoa packet mixes, like the salted caramel hot cocoa mix packet, adds even more depth of flavor to this boozy drink, but you can certainly use your favorite hot chocolate brand and flavor. You could also use a bulk container! Just follow the packet for a single serving. You’ll want to make 6 ounces of hot cocoa for this recipe.
To garnish your hot cocoa with the small gingerbread man cookie, you can cut a small slit between the legs and place him on the rim of the glass. Or you can use a 3 to 4-inch mini wooden skewer to poke the gingerbread cookie at the base and just rest the skewer in the cocktail so that the cookie is above the squirt of whipped topping.
As always, you can make this a non-alcoholic version by omitting the Baileys Irish Cream and the whiskey. Friends and family will have fun with this holiday drink!
How to Make Christmas Hot Chocolate
FIRST STEP: In a large coffee mug, add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, gingerbread syrup, Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur, and the Jameson Irish Whiskey. Set aside.
SECOND STEP: In a microwave-safe, 2-cup measuring cup with a pour spout, pour in the whole milk and heat on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds (or longer if you desire your hot cocoa to be hotter). Carefully remove it from the microwave and add the contents of your salted caramel-flavored hot cocoa packet to the hot milk. Stir until no lumps remain.
THIRD STEP: Carefully pour the hot cocoa into the large coffee mug with the ice cream and alcohol.
FOURTH STEP: Garnish with a full topping of squirt whip cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a small gingerbread man cookie.
Can I use non-dairy milk in this hot chocolate recipe?
This easy hot chocolate recipe would be yummy with non-dairy options such as soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk.
Can I use a different liqueur than Bailey’s?
Any cream-based liqueur such as Kahlua or Rum Chata would work fine in this tasty drink. You can also omit the Bailey’s and whiskey, and you will have the perfect beverage to share with the entire family.
Can I use a different flavored hot chocolate?
Certainly! There are plenty of fun hot chocolate flavors available, and they would all be delicious in this yummy beverage.
How to Store Christmas Hot Chocolate
IN THE FRIDGE/FREEZER: This hot cocoa recipe needs to be consumed right away. Because non of the parts can be prepared ahead of time, we recommend making this drink on demand.
Christmas Hot Chocolate
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1- ounce gingerbread flavored syrup for hot and cold drinks I used Torani brand
- 1½ ounces Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 1½ ounces Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 6 ounces whole milk
- 1.38 ounces packet of salted caramel hot cocoa mix I used Swiss Miss brand
- Whipped cream and gingerbread men optional garnish
- In a large coffee mug, add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, gingerbread syrup, Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur, and the Jameson Irish Whiskey. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe, 2-cup measuring cup with a pour spout, pour in the whole milk and heat on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds (or longer if you desire your hot cocoa to be hotter). Carefully remove it from the microwave and add the contents of your salted caramel-flavored hot cocoa packet to the hot milk. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Carefully pour the hot cocoa into the large coffee mug with the ice cream and alcohol.
- Garnish with a full topping of squirt whip cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a small gingerbread man cookie.
Leave a Comment