Last updated on
Table of Contents
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Ingredients
- How to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- What can I serve creamy garlic parmesan chicken with?
- Can I substitute low-fat or fat-free ingredients?
- Can I use other cuts of chicken in this dish?
- How to Store Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- JUMP TO RECIPE
Creamy garlic parmesan chicken is super simple and delicious! Only seven ingredients in this easy meal that is ready in less than an hour.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Creamy, cheesy, garlic-y, yummy! Put together a full meal, and fast, with this dinner dish that takes just 10 minutes of prep time.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken pairs well with your favorite sides for an instant family favorite. Any vegetable, roasted or steamed, particularly broccoli or green beans, is irresistible with the sauce. But you could also try it with squash or Brussel sprouts or a side salad.
Serve garlic parmesan chicken over rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes. Add a slice of toasty garlic bread to scoop up any remaining sauce on your plate. The leftovers are just as delectable as the dish itself. Slice the chicken and make paninis, or pasta, or pizza!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Ingredients
- Cream cheese – softened
- Roasted garlic paste
- Mozzarella cheese – shredded
- Parmesan cheese – grated
- Chicken breasts – boneless, skinless
- Black pepper – coarsely ground
- Garlic salt
Not one, not two, but three kinds of cheese top the tender chicken breasts and bake together with garlic and seasonings. Garnish with fresh parsley for a bit of lightness.
If you love mushrooms they’re wonderful in this dish. Simply slice white or baby Bella mushrooms and then saute them in butter. Add the mushrooms at the same time you add the chicken back to the sauce. Another appetizing addition is adding a handful of fresh spinach. This also gets added to the sauce right before the chicken, just let it wilt in the sauce for about 30 seconds.
If you prefer dark meat to light meat you can make this dish with chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. Onion is optional in this creamy dinner recipe, and you can easily leave it out if you prefer.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
FIRST STEP: In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic paste, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese until fully combined.
SECOND STEP: Place chicken breasts in a 9×13 glass or casserole baking dish.
THIRD STEP: Sprinkle with black pepper and garlic salt (or any seasonings you desire).
FOURTH STEP: Pat cream cheese mixture over chicken breasts until they are fully coated.
FIFTH STEP: Bake 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the cheese coating is browned and bubbly
What can I serve creamy garlic parmesan chicken with?
Practically anything: potatoes, rice/risotto, noodles, even zoodles! Sauteed spinach, squash, salad, your favorite vegetable, it all tastes delicious. Dinner rolls or crusty garlic bread make a great side.
Can I substitute low-fat or fat-free ingredients?
Yes, but it is not recommended to substitute low-fat or fat-free ingredients instead of the full-fat dairy products since the low-fat versions do not melt the same. However, you can use low-fat cream cheese in place of the cream cheese and low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream.
Can I use other cuts of chicken in this dish?
Yes! This dish works well with a variety of cuts. Try thighs, tenderloins, or any boneless, skinless cut. Changing the cut of meat may affect cooking time, so do be sure to use a meat thermometer and check that it has reached 165˚F.
How to Store Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover parmesan chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
IN THE FREEZER: This recipe can be stored frozen for up to 1 month in a freezer-safe container.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ tablespoon roasted garlic paste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic paste, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese until fully combined.
- Place chicken breasts in a 9×13 glass or casserole baking dish.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and garlic salt (or any seasonings you desire).
- Pat cream cheese mixture over chicken breasts until they are fully coated.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the cheese coating is browned and bubbly.