Mix up a batch of refreshing Raspberry Iced Tea. It’s simple to make your own rather than stopping at Starbucks. For less than the price of one drink, you can have a whole pitcher full for yourself or to share.
Brew your own flavored iced tea for yourself or guests. Making raspberry sweet tea is almost as easy picking up a Brisk or Arizona, but when you make your own, you can customize it to your preferences. A pitcher of raspberry iced tea is the perfect compliment for Egg Salad sandwiches at a light luncheon or when in need of a tall, cool drink.
Raspberry Iced Tea Ingredients
- Family size tea bags: orange and black pekoe blend
- Frozen raspberries
- Lemon juice
This raspberry tea recipe is made with frozen raspberries. Simmer the raspberries in water to extract the juices. Don’t worry about seeds getting stuck in your straw or teeth, you’ll use a sieve to strain them out.
Once you’ve perfected homemade fruit tea, put your own twist on it. Try making it with jasmine black tea bags and adding blackberries with the raspberries. Use your raspberry iced tea to make a delicious Arnold Palmer.
How to Make Raspberry Iced Tea
FIRST STEP: Bring 6 cups of water to boil.
SECOND STEP: Add tea bags to the water, remove from heat, and steep for 5 to 7 minutes.
THIRD STEP: Remove tea bags.
FOURTH STEP: Add sugar to hot tea mixture and stir to dissolve.
FIFTH STEP: Pour hot tea mixture into a pitcher and add 2 cups cold water.
SIXTH STEP: Bring the remaining 2 cups of water to a low boil.
SEVENTH STEP: Add frozen berries, minus the berries for garnish.
EIGHTH STEP: Simmer berries for 5 minutes.
NINTH STEP: Pour the berry juice through a screen sieve into the tea mixture.
TENTH STEP: Chill in the refrigerator until cool.
ELEVENTH STEP: Serve over ice with reserved berries for garnish.
Chill the glasses for an extra special touch.
Garnish with fresh berries, lemon wedges, or even mint leaves.
Dislike watered down tea? Pour some of the tea into an ice cube tray, then serve over “iced tea.” You can even freeze fresh mint sprigs in the ice.
Storing this Recipe
Keep tea refrigerated.
Raspberry Iced Tea
- 10 cups water, divided (6cups for tea bags, 2 cups for berries, 2 cups cold water)
- 8 family sized tea bags tags removed
- 12 oz bag of frozen raspberries (24 to 30 frozen berries reserved for garnish)
- 1 ¼ cup sugar (additional¼ to ½ cup of sugar may be added for a sweeter tea)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil
- Add tea bags to the water, remove from heat and steep for 5 to 7 minutes
- Remove tea bags
- Add sugar to hot tea mixture and stir to dissolve
- Pour hot tea mixture into a pitcher and add 2 cups cold water
- Bring the remaining 2cups of water to a low boil
- Add frozen berries, minus the berries for garnish
- Simmer berries for 5 minutes
- Pour the berry juice through a screen sieve into the tea mixture
- Chill in the refrigerator until cool
- Serve over ice with reserved berries for garnish