Never Think About What to Make for Dinner for the Next Two Months with My Lazy Cooking Bundle
This Slow Cooker Creamy Mushroom Fiesta Ranch Chicken is an easy recipe for dinner that only takes a few minutes to prepare. Let it cook for a few hours and you end up with a really delicious meal for dinner!
I’ve been kind of in a funk the past 2 weeks for some reason. For those of you who suffer from anxiety and depression you’ll understand when I say that even the thought of grocery shopping, cooking and working is really overwhelming. My husband really is the best because he knows that when I don’t feel good he needs to pick up the slack and makes me lots of yummy spaghetti, mac & cheese and street tacos! I was feeling better this morning so as soon as I woke up I decided that I wanted to make something yummy for him so he would be surprised when he got off of work.
As soon as he walked in and smelled the house I think probably a sigh of relief came over him because he knew we’d be having something delicious for dinner and that he wouldn’t have to cook. I didn’t tell him that this meal took me only a few minutes to just dump everything in the crock pot. He doesn’t need to know that, right. He just knew it smelled yummy and as far as he was concerned I slaved over it all morning long 😉
I originally saw this recipe for Fiesta Ranch Chicken over at The 36th Avenue and knew it would make a great base recipe. I wanted to make this dinner a little more hearty than it was so I decided to add some onion, mushrooms, corn, buttery rice and a few extra seasonings to it and it was a huge success! This recipe turned out so delicious and I think you’ll really love it!
Slow Cooker Creamy Mushroom Fiesta Ranch Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon mexican chipotle chili powder
- small package of mushrooms - about 10-oz diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Place you chicken, cream of mushroom soup, chicken stock, red pepper flakes, mexican chipotle chili powder, and dry ranch mix in the slow cooker and stir well.
- In a large skillet melt your butter and add your chopped onions and mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add to your crock pot mixture.
- Cook for 3-5 hours or until the chicken breasts are easy to pierce with a fork.
- Serve with buttery rice and corn.