This Slow Cooker Creamy Mushroom Fiesta Ranch Chicken is an easy recipe for dinner that only takes a few minutes to prepare. Let it cook for a few hours and you end up with a really delicious meal for dinner!
I’ve been kind of in a funk the past 2 weeks for some reason. For those of you who suffer from anxiety and depression you’ll understand when I say that even the thought of grocery shopping, cooking and working is really overwhelming. My husband really is the best because he knows that when I don’t feel good he needs to pick up the slack and makes me lots of yummy spaghetti, mac & cheese and street tacos! I was feeling better this morning so as soon as I woke up I decided that I wanted to make something yummy for him so he would be surprised when he got off of work.
As soon as he walked in and smelled the house I think probably a sigh of relief came over him because he knew we’d be having something delicious for dinner and that he wouldn’t have to cook. I didn’t tell him that this meal took me only a few minutes to just dump everything in the crock pot. He doesn’t need to know that, right. He just knew it smelled yummy and as far as he was concerned I slaved over it all morning long 😉
I originally saw this recipe for Fiesta Ranch Chicken over at The 36th Avenue and knew it would make a great base recipe. I wanted to make this dinner a little more hearty than it was so I decided to add some onion, mushrooms, corn, buttery rice and a few extra seasonings to it and it was a huge success! This recipe turned out so delicious and I think you’ll really love it!
Slow Cooker Creamy Mushroom Fiesta Ranch Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon mexican chipotle chili powder
- small package of mushrooms - about 10-oz diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Place you chicken, cream of mushroom soup, chicken stock, red pepper flakes, mexican chipotle chili powder, and dry ranch mix in the slow cooker and stir well.
- In a large skillet melt your butter and add your chopped onions and mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add to your crock pot mixture.
- Cook for 3-5 hours or until the chicken breasts are easy to pierce with a fork.
- Serve with buttery rice and corn.