Table of Contents
Loaded with crisp and crunch, Broccoli Cauliflower Salad is filled with delicious flavors that kids and adults will adore. Easy to make for your next gathering.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
Fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets, crispy bacon pieces, and cheese come together to make a crisp and flavorful salad that is an easy side dish. Bring broccoli cauliflower salad to your next BBQ or potluck.
Broccoli cauliflower salad is a delicious side dish for summer grilling or a surprising change on your holiday dinner table. Since it’s a sale that doesn’t get soggy it’s the perfect dish for taking to potlucks, parties, or any kind of gathering.
The crunchy vegetables and creamy dressing come together to make a salad that is flavorful in every bite. Refreshing and simple, you can also enjoy broccoli cauliflower salad as a lunch or light meal all on its own.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
- Broccoli – head of broccoli
- Cauliflower – head of cauliflower
- Onions – red onions
- Sour cream
- Ranch Dressing Mix – Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, dry
- Bacon – cooked and chopped
- Cheese – block Colby jack cheese
Sunflower seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, and shredded carrots are all yummy choices for salad additions that add extra flavor and texture. The raisins and dried cranberries even give the salad an unexpectedly sweet and savory combination.
While the recipe calls for Colby jack cheese, you can use whatever type of cheese you prefer for your salad, like cheddar, Monterey Jack, or parmesan. You can cut your cheese into small cubes, or you can also use shredded cheese instead.
You can make your own bacon and chop it up, or you can use real packaged bacon bits. If you aren’t going to be serving the salad right away, the packaged bacon bits generally keep their texture better and longer than the cooked chopped bacon will.
How to Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
FIRST STEP: In a mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and dry ranch dressing mix. Use a whisk to combine.
SECOND STEP: In a separate large mixing bowl add chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, bacon, and Colby jack cheese.
THIRD STEP: Pour dressing mix over the top of the ingredients. Use a large spoon to mix together.
FOURTH STEP: Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
What can I add to my salad?
Sunflower seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, and shredded carrots all make tasty salad additions.
Can I use shredded cheese?
You can either cut the cheese into small cubes or use shredded cheese. You can also use whatever type of cheese you prefer for your salad. Colby jack, cheddar, Monterey jack, or parmesan would all be delicious choices.
Can I make broccoli cauliflower salad ahead of time?
You can make this salad a day ahead of time, however, wait until right before serving to mix in the dressing.
How to Store Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
IN THE FRIDGE: Store leftover broccoli cauliflower salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If you have not mixed the dressing in yet broccoli cauliflower salad will last in the fridge for about 4 days.
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head broccoli washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower washed and cut into small pieces
- ½ red onions diced small
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, dry (1-oz)
- 1 package bacon cooked and chopped
- 6 ounces Colby Jack Cheese cut into small pieces
- In a mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and dry ranch dressing mix. Use a whisk to combine.
- In a separate large mixing bowl add chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, bacon, and Colby jack cheese.
- Pour dressing mix over the top of the ingredients. Use a large spoon to mix together.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.